Almost

My tears have dried up. We've almost ruined the wedding reception. Ryan is a fucking genius. But Claire caught on instantly and I can see she's pissed.

Ryan and I have come to the conclusion that we are in love and we are together. He's mine and I am his! But Lacey just about ruined that! And the irony is I was mad at Lacey. But again! Ryan is a fucking genius.

"They can't find the guy!" Becca announces as she rushes back up to me. I'm the victim and no one knows the truth.

"Tell me again..." Claire tilts her head, and I can see it in her eyes! She doesn't fucking believe me! Why should she? She knows the truth!

I clear my throat and wipe away the fake tears I am forced to cry, I go to speak but Lacey interrupts me. "I thought I saw a guy as I turned the corner. But it was dark. All I saw was Dad consoling and protecting Hannah like the amazing man he is! I don't know who tried attacking Hannah! But we will fucking find him, and I will shove my fist down his fucking throat!"

"How did he exactly try attacking you?" Claire questions, and now she's beginning to piss me off. She's purposely digging for me to get in trouble. I pray she doesn't tell Lacey the truth. She wouldn't! She's my best friend!

I can't believe how quick Ryan was by looking at Lacey and telling her to go get help. She looked pissed like she knew something was up until he yelled at her explaining I was attacked. It was dark and Lacey couldn't see me so when she ran off, I pulled my hair out of my ponytail and messed it up. We grabbed some dirt and had to ruin this amazing fucking dress! It hurt a little, but I scratched my elbow against the brick wall. We made it sound like some guy tried stealing my purse and then tried attacking me, but Ryan swooped in to save the day.

And now Claire is texting me. "She almost busted you! I fucking told you!"

I look up at her and her cocky smirk and text her back. "I'm sorry, Claire! He and I will end it! But right now, we are too far into this! He's in love with me. And I am in love with him."

She drops her phone. Her eyes bulge from her head. She looks at Ryan and then at me. She stutters, then shuts up. She quickly reaches down for her phone, still fumbling to hold it.

"How?" She questions in the message. "And how long have you two been fucking? Hannah! This is NOT okay! You can't fall in love with each other! And the fucked-up thing is I am happy for you but so fucking mad at the same time! These relationships never end well! I mean just read this! You are in love with your best friend's DAD!"

"I know!" I write back and feel that zing of emotions running through my body. "I know you're right! I know this! But it happened! I told you earlier it started a little over a month ago. We fought to end it and every time we did! We ended up in bed and then this! I don't know what to do, Claire! I am in fucking love with him, and it was so unpredicted!"

"No shit!" She writes back. I glance up at her and can see the anger on her face. "It was unpredicted! No one on this planet would ever picture you and Ryan to be a couple let alone, falling in fucking love! How are you going to fix this? You claim you two are going to start a relationship, yet you almost got busted tonight! What next? What excuse can you possibly use if she ever busts you two fucking? 'Oh, it slipped'? Fuck off! I love you, but how can you manage such a serious situation?"

"I don't know!" I write back and glance over at Lacey, who, by the way, is paying close attention to me and Claire. Does Lacey know we are messaging each other? She fucking looks like she knows something.

"I hate you so much!" Claires writes. "You're my best friend! I will do everything in my power to help you! But Lacey is my best friend too! This is one secret that I admit I shouldn't know about. You need to keep me out of this. I need to act like I don't know anything. Hopefully, you can figure out how to work this...this...whatever! I love you, girl! But this is too much for me. Your best friend's dad! I'm glad you found love, but... your best friend's Dad!"