Time Heals

It's been an entire fucking week since Lacey ended our friendship. And if I'm being honest, it's been months since I caused the reason for the ending of the friendship.

This fucking sucks!

If I had it my way I would go back in time and change everything. Make it so it never happened. But knowing how madly in love I am with Ryan; I would never want to do that. I would never do anything to jeopardize our relationship. Fuck! I choose him over Lacey.

I have to admit. Even though Lacey told Ryan their 'father-daughter' relationship would be rocky, it seems like she's been doing more with him than she ever has. They have been going to dinners a lot more, outings, some games, and even bowling. He's tried cutting it back, but in the past week, she's had him five of the seven days. And I think it's a jealousy thing.

"I'll be back," Ryan says, grabbing my attention and heading toward the front door. "Lacey wants to meet for breakfast."

Make that six out of seven days!

"And what if I wanted breakfast with you?" I ask and yep! I am feeling jealous!

He shrugs his shoulders. "Do you think I want this, Hannah? I've given up a big fucking chunk of my life to be with you. And I refuse to tell her no. And you have every right to feel aggravated because even I can tell she's being petty or whatever it's called. She's expecting more of me, and I can see it on your face. You're not happy."

"Yeah!" I roll my eyes and scoff. "I fucking noticed she wants you more. The walls notice she wants you more. My job has noticed me more this past week. And it's only been a week! You need to tell her..."

"I'm not telling her shit!" He argues, stopping me. "She's, my daughter. She was your best friend. I think just for right now we need to make a sacrifice and allow her to spend as much time with me as possible. I don't see this continuing. But she lost two very important people."

"She chose to!" I argue and yep! I am beginning to get pissed. "She can still be my best fucking friend! And she didn't lose you and she's making sure to shove that in my fucking face!"

He sighs and raises his head, looking toward the ceiling. "Hannah! I don't think you and I have ever argued, and I think that's what this is. I don't have it in me to argue with you."

"Well, I do!" I snap and toss my phone onto the couch while the anger inside of me continues to build. "Yes! I sleep here every fucking day! And yes! We've been connected at the hip. But now Lacey's proving to be connected at your hip!"

"Enough, Hannah!" He snaps. And I'm not used to hearing him get angry. "Lacey is my daughter. We both have to accept that we will be stuck making sacrifices to involve her in our...I mean my life."

"Exactly! Your life, Ryan! She took me out of hers last week. And even though she claims she wants to see us happy; it is fucking ironic that she's the reason we are fighting right now!"

He releases an annoyed breath, raising his head toward the ceiling again. "I'm not doing this with you. I'm too old for high school drama!"

"Tell that to your fucking daughter!" I snap and now I know the jealousy has taken over. "I'm pissed, Ryan! And too old for high school drama? You can fucking say that again!"

He releases the doorknob and spins around. I've never seen the anger in his eyes like I am seeing right now. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean, Hannah? Because the last time I checked, YOU were the one who told me I wasn't too old for you! I was hesitant about this relationship!"

"Well, since your daughter is the same age as me, I guess that makes you somewhat old! Because your daughter needs her fucking daddy every two God damn seconds of the fucking day!"