CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Jonathan really wasn't the person to be 'on board' with a lot of things, but the minute Nancy made it clear that Will wouldn't be safe if the demogorgon was alive, he was up and ready to go to the station to get their weapons back

Jonathan really wasn't the person to be 'on board' with a lot of things, but the minute Nancy made it clear that Will wouldn't be safe if the demogorgon was alive, he was up and ready to go to the station to get their weapons back. Judy was the only one to walk into the station though. They knew who she was and she had leeway. Though, she was stealthy enough to step past the one officer who stayed overnight. He was a halfwit anyways. Hopper's words, not hers.

Grabbing the box and rushing back into the car, Jonathan sped out of the parking lot, most likely alarming the officer inside. But that wasn't their problem.

Now they had to worry about the hundreds of lightbulbs disconnected from their outlets, and the bear traps that with one wrong move, could end up taking your hand off. Jonathan went to work on hammering nails into a bat, while Nancy poured gasoline down the hallway over the set bear trap and Judy readied the revolver. Seven bullets. Seven chances.

"Okay. Now... blood," Nancy said, and Jonathan pulled open one of the kitchen drawers. Pulling out three knives and passing the two girls one each, they all exchanged glances.

"Oh, come on," Judy said, exasperated, looking at the knife in her hands. "Why would I cut my hand if I'm going to use it to fight? I've never understood that!" Judy stood astonished at the cliche movie scene happening right before her eyes. There were so many other parts of the body to cut than the palm of your hand. She wasn't risking the injury.

"Whatever. Are you with me, Jonathan?" Nancy asked him.

"Yeah. Remember..." he said slowly.

"Straight into Will's room, and don't step on the trap. Wait for the yo-yo to move."

"Then-" Jonathan flicks open the lighter in his hands, showing the flame. "Alright?"

Judy stood by and watched as they took a deep breath in, counting down before slicing their palms together. The blood was fast to drip and the two of them walked around Judy to drip their palms around the carpet. With the first aid ready, Judy wrapped their palms in gauze and tapped them securely.

Sitting down made Judy feel more anxious about being ready for the demogorgon, but she made the conscious effort to not pace around the room like a maniac. Jonathan and Nancy still sat together on the couch.

A faint creaking come from outside, turned Judy's stomach inside out. "It's just the wind," Jonathan said. "Don't worry. My mom, she said the lights speak when it comes."

"Speak?" Nancy asked, looking at him. Judy looked at the two of them.

"Blink," Jonathan corrected himself. "Think of them as alarms."

Somehow Nancy's hand had found its way into Jonathan's and somehow Jonathan wasn't pushing it away. The way Jonathan was looking at Nancy while he spoke to her wasn't exactly normal either. It was like he was cradling her. Judy would've cringed at him, but she didn't have the time to react. At least not to that. The loud banging at the front door sent a wave of shock through each of their bodies, each of them gasped looking at the door.