Chapter Five: The Reunion of the Stars ~1 James

~James~

    There was one thing I had known after I woke up—I was now in a different place.

    I crept for the others, but unfortunately I was alone. Coldly alone. I sat upright, and found myself sprawled on the grass. I had thought it was night, but it was already morning. In fact, the sun was so high in the sky I have a guess it’s about noon.

    I was no longer on the vicinity of the Blue River, but I felt its cold breeze brush up my hair. The trees around are the same with the ones we had seen outside the sewer hole.

    Yes, I even remember that. But when I looked around, it seems like someone dragged me around. What amazed me is my discovery—that I must’ve been out for at least a day. The last thing I remember was…

    Oh no.

    I looked around, and lucky me didn’t see any zombies around.

    I raced from tree to tree, checking any signs of a human crossing it. My heart pounded harder, and I didn’t dare to stop.

    Not until I find the others. Jasmine was dead. And I’ll do whatever it takes to ensure that the three people with me are still alive.

    I walk around. Damn it, I’m starting to see traces of blood infused with something green.

    Before I knew it, one infected zombie came out from the trees fifteen meters away from me. It was roaming, and I tell myself, “Run.”

    I backed away slowly, trying to take my steps back. One stupid human being left a glass dripping with blood out here in the woods, and unfortunately, I had stepped on it—crushed it into thousand shards, making a distracting noise.

    The zombie darted his bloody, transparent face. He scowled at me, and lunged hungrily towards me.

    Then I ran for dear life, not knowing where to go, with a goddamn zombie chasing me.

* END OF CHAPTER FIVE *