Chapter Ten: The Showdown ~2 Jimmy

~Jimmy~

Anything better than walking defenseless and hungry and filthy on a road full of zombies? The answer was riding with an old good grandma I don't know the name was.

After getting a sore ass from sitting together-no, let's put it as squeezed together, but who are we to complain?-we finally stopped by a tall iron-wrought gates. It vaguely reminded me of the once unconquerable school gates, and I quickly shook off the memory.

The old woman who was driving us went off to open those gates by herself, and when the gates swung open, she sent me a sign language-telling me to drive the van inside.

Then after closing the gates, she came to tell us we're finally here. One by one we got out, stretched our sore backs, and then when we finally saw what the place looked like.

If you haven't seen a mansion with a spacious garden before, then you'll probably imagine how this awesome place looked like.

About fifteen yards from the gate to the huge house with white roof and beige walls, the path walk was a simple way cleared of grass, and as we move, we were amazed. On the two sides of the path walk, there were luscious green line of germanium bushes, and beyond them were Bermuda grass. I start to notice the whole place was surrounded by twelve-foot-tall walls that had spikes on their tops. Now I feel secured.

And before reaching the huge main doors, we get to recognize topiaries of different animals and shapes around the whole garden. Now, seeing these and thinking only one woman can manage it made me feel like I'm the lamest person in the world.

Oh, maybe I was wrong about thinking myself as the lamest person in the world.

The old woman knocked on the door, and said, "Honey, this is me, Amelia. Open the doors now, because I have guests you will surely recognize." She sounded happy, and gave us the Hey, I want you to meet my wonderful husband! look.

The door grumbled, but only one of them swung open. I was expecting some kind of old man that was as kind and adamant as her, and I definitely got trolled when I get to see who opened the door for us.

Standing behind the door was a wounded image of our principal, Principal Gregory Guns.