Chapter Nine: The First Prince ~4 James

~James~

Was she still alive? I have no idea.

I haven't seen her, either. She wasn't with me and John with our escape to the school, and she wasn't even with Jimmy andthe others in the warehouse. Where is she?

I left that thought alone. I want to stay positive.

And when Mr. Riggins will open his eyes, I need to be ready.

So I helped John pack, and he found another backpack. It's smaller than his, but he helped me packing mine.

"I sense this whole going to the surface is bloody," John told me in a weak voice, as if not to let the others hear.

Perry came by and sat down with us. He elbowed James' and my ribs, and we did him too. "Hey guys."

"Hi Perry the Platypus," said John.

Perry frowned. "Oh come on," he said, "that's corny. How are you two?"

"Fine," I said. "The lasers didn't scorch us to death."

Our friend chuckled. That image of him, laughing and his eyes twinkling in happiness--that's how I want to remember him.

"I saw you and John, and you looked good avoiding that laser maze. Light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation wouldn't hurt much, though," Perry replied.

I had no idea what that amplification of stimulation of radio meant, but John smiled.

"I never thought you can run a control panel of the whole underground place," John said instead. I expected he'll punch him jocularly for that amplification something, though.

Perry chortled in flattery. "Oh come on, I'm not that stupid. I can read those controls and buttons."

Then suddenly, Rolcene said, "Yeah, he can read and understand, but I still can't forget how he purposefully pressed a button that made camera number six two six explode by itself."

John and I laughed hard, and Perry tried to defend himself. "No I didn't!" he blurts. "You told me what that S-L-F D-S-T-R-C-T meant. You said it meant Salofie District!"

I knew who Salofie District was. She was a famous celebrity that knew nothing but to make paparazzis' noses bleed by exposing her genitals on purpose. Maybe Perry got trolled.

The two started arguing, but I knew they were just to that scene. I know they'll never try to kill each other by blaming the other one of mistaking Salofie District for Self Destruct.

John was done packing, and he said, "Here. Only open that in real need. A second you've got your defense down is critical."

I nod, and took the purple bag. Rolcene stopped fighting with Perry, and now he's pointing at my pack, and I think I hear him say, "Dora's bag got bigger!"

The others weren't packing or something. Miguel and Adrian found unused wires and a pocket generator, and when I walked to them, Adrian looked pleased with their project.

"We're making an electric racket," he said. Miguel was sweaty, and he just smiled at me.

I decided they wanted one less guy to bother them, so I marched away and sat with Stanley. The guy was quiet, and he was looking at his reflection by the knife he was holding. I don't know if he was reminiscing some girl on his mind, because I really haven't heard him talk about a certain girl. But hey, he's very friendly and humorous.

"Hi, Stanley," I said, putting confidence in my voice to keep him sturdy. "How are you?"

He just smiled. "Here I am, about to die," he said without having to look at me.