Chapter Six: The Fallen ~Jules

~Jules~

    I was watching the sun go down with Leo, Stanley, Jet, and Miguel. We were all witnessing the sun go down for the second time. It should be the third, but in case you forgot, I didn’t have enough time and peace to watch the sunset after we reached this warehouse.

    Leo wrapped his arm around Jet’s biceps, and even though he didn’t seem to mind, he was wincing like Leo was something of a poison to him.

    Jet sighed. “How long will we stay like this?”

    Miguel caressed the shaft of his badminton racket painted gold. He takes good care of that racket, and I would be happy to see him use it as a weapon against the zombies. “John is asleep, right?”

    I nod. “Wake him up at dinner later.”

    Stanley threw a rock on the road. Leo didn’t like it, as Stanley hit a zombie right in its head. From down the road, we heard a growling sound.

    Leo slapped Stanley’s arm. “Stop it. You’re scaring me.”

    “Oh come on, these faggots won’t see us,” Stanley said, making Leo angrier.

    Leo was pulling Jet away, saying, “Let’s go, babe. These freaks want to die.”

    I looked skyward, and I can say the sky is clear—so orange, and no single chopper was twirling around. It’s just the zombies down of us that made me worry a bit.

    Stanley was containing his laugh. “Miguel, go with Leo and Jet. Go warn the others. Shut the windows up, lock the metal door hard, and stay put until we come down.”

    Miguel nodded reluctantly, but he was pulling Leo and Jet with him to the rooftop trapdoor. Leo shook Miguel’s hand off and clung to Jet like he’ll die if he lets go.

    Jet didn’t look like he want to go, but knowing him enough, I know he’ll be patient and tolerant to Leo’s gender issues. He didn’t bear a single fault for being handsome, though.

    If there’s a word handsomer, that would be me. Just a joke.

    I turned to Leo. “Leave Jet, please? We’ll talk. Can you have Gray instead?”

    “Gray? Oh, Kat is there. She’ll shrug me off.”

    “She has the right,” I said. “She’s Gray’s girlfriend.”

    Before he can argue, Miguel managed to shut the guy (or going gal,) with him inside. Jet sighed, as he had just been out of serious trouble. Jet’s face glistened with sweat, as if Leo gave him a hard time.

    “That gay’s freaking me off,” Jet said. “What is it you want to talk about, anyway?”

    I saw a very tiny dot over the horizon. Something inching closer. But I didn’t want to focus on it. I replied, “About your classmates and the other students inside.”

    I tell him everything I want to tell him. I was seriously doubting about everyone’s safety, and like John, I can’t take any responsibility for a hundred lives. He was listening carefully, and I gave Stanley a look that told him “Don’t throw rocks, you bastard.”

    “Well, we still don’t know where their loyalties lie,” said Jet dejectedly. “But if they think of treachery…”

    “Then we’ll throw them out here!” Stanley chortled, throwing another rock down. Neither of us knew where it landed or what did it hit, but there’s a groan. I decided to sneak a peak, and it’s not a good sight.