Chapter Nine: The First Prince ~2 Jimmy

~Jimmy~

            “Leo!” I blurt out.

            In response, the Mutated one stopped dead, and I met his dark, devilish eyes. After freeing Ronald who simply prevented himself from being spotted and other innocent civilians, Gray jumped out of nowhere, and brought a long, silver dextrose stand across the Mutated one’s throat. With a clang, his fork fell, and as his blood drenched Gray and Leo, I called out for the others.

            It would’ve been kind of us if we free other people, but I seriously doubt that staying here a minute longer will do anything good.

            We’re eighteen, and seven of us were composed of three kids, two female adults, and two grown-up men. They were repeating their thanks when suddenly, all beds started to fold by themselves.

            Horribly enough, the scene was relentless—with or without people on them, the beds were folding, and different muffled cries circled the room. I hear bones cracking; blood was gurgling from everywhere, and the worst part was that we can’t do anything to help.

            I beckon everyone to go, and all I can tell the other people we left was that “I’m sorry.” And that apology wouldn’t save them from damnation.

            We hurried to the only open door, and a horrid scent of ammonia welcomed us. We were in a hospital corridor now—I’m sure of it. White tiles splashed with sticky blood were everywhere, but unlike most of the hospitals I’ve seen, this corridor had many security cameras. If they had been eyes, then their lenses would look like enlarged pupils.

            We continue to walk around, and after a minute, a gunshot came behind us.

            As an initial action, we all ducked, but I heard someone was shot. I take a glimpse, and the three kids with us had been dead already. One of the grown-ups threw something to our behind, and then one woman ordered, “Teens, get out of here now! Save yourselves!”

            It was really an order.

            We ran towards the endless corridors, and eleven of us found the large, twin exit doors.