Chapter Ten: The Showdown ~2 Jules

~Jules~

Floor seven and cell number four four two burned themselves inside of my mind.

It was a great gamble; as I went outside, I unexpectedly fought about a dozen of zombies, and they weren’t as weak and dumb as the others had been. Some stopped attacking when I drew my weapons, but some still attacked absentmindedly that resulted to their destruction.

I passed a group of zombies and I stumble on the elevator. Some zombies tried to follow me, but luckily the doors closed fast and forcibly that had crushed their hands. My fingers found the control buttons, and I punched the number 7.

After exactly thirty seconds, the elevator goes open and ding!

As expected, zombies charged towards me.

There was a choice for me to take: run now, or waste my precious energy wasting them. But as soon as I heard Sam utter “Help!” inside my head, I chose the first option.

I opened the door that had a brass number 442.

Then I didn’t know how to react when I saw what’s inside.

One man in white overalls—exactly the same lab gown suits I’ve seen in cameras—was pulling a familiar girl out of the cell. She was screaming her head off, and seeing her beautiful face full of agony sent anger up to my head.

I yelled as I ran towards the man.