Chapter 2: Elevator

The next day I wake up early and go for a walk with my dog. The weather hasn't been the best but I love rainy days and the cold breeze in the morning.

After getting back home, I put on some music and start to do my daily routine. I'm still on time to do everything calmly.

For now...

Later, when I'm driving I begin to think about yesterday and this blonde girl, Cristy. I'm not sure what her problem is, to be honest. I'm just being kind with her but if she looks for me, she will find me.

Then I remember the guy in the elevator. Another idiot that has a problem but he looked just annoyed with everyone in general, not me. Now that I think of him, I remember he didn't look bad at all, though. Not my type definitely, but I can appreciate a good looking man. He was tall, not that tall, but taller than me. Curly hair half tied up, slim body with long limbs.

I can imagine what else is long too

Waking up from my thoughts, I park in the parking lot of the building and walk inside the lobby waiting again for the elevator with other persons. I'm 15 minutes early so this is good for me. While waiting, I get my phone to play Candy Crush when I see someone standing beside me but what makes me look up and see who it is, it's the smell of his strong cologne.

Oh, it's asshole good smelling

Again using shades inside the building.

Maybe he has cataracts, otherwise I don't see the point of using shades inside

Now I check him out of the corner of my eye. Today he's not using casual clothes at all. Gray coat, hoodie inside, jeans and black loafers. If he's here again today, he must work here but I wonder in what department if he can come here wearing that.

The elevator arrives and we get inside. Today I need to go to the seventh floor. The guy again doesn't say a word and is just immersed in his own world with his phone and chewing bubble gum.

Too loud for my liking, actually

The other workers are going to their respective floors and soon I'm left with asshole good smelling and there's just an awkward silence mixed with the elevator music background.

Then the stupid elevator stops abruptly and the lights and music stops too.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" I say without any shame and without caring who is there while trying to adjust my eyes to the darkness.

"Don't worry, it will be back soon. There have been many blackouts recently but they are fixed quickly." he says in the most calming voice I've ever heard in my life.

So he does know how to speak and use his mouth not only for chewing like a damn cow

"I hope it gets fixed soon. I don't want to be late and anyways I hate feeling trapped in places like this." I'm starting to get anxious

Suddenly he comes closer to me and touches my arm, squeezing it gently.

"Don't worry, you'll be okay. I'm here with you and I'm sure we'll be out in any minute" because of his proximity, I can smell he's been chewing cinnamon gum. His closeness, with the smell of the gum and his cologne, strangely becomes a mixture that makes my body tingle. I can't see his face but I can feel his gaze through the darkness. He rubs my arm and then steps back.

Would he be wearing the shades still?

"Are you new to working here? I've never seen you before" he asks getting me out of my thoughts

"Yes and no" I say laughing a little "I'm on trial period, so I'm working here but not an employee yet"

"Oh" he says bluntly and the silence starts again.