Chapter 3: Parking Lot

When I get to the office everything seems to be going normally, except for the unfunny blonde who has it on me. Who knows why?

I bump into Mr. Sanz, who I don't have to explain why I'm late because he already knows what happened with the blackout.

The first task Cristy and I have is to prepare a general meeting for tomorrow where we will finally meet our boss -if we get the job, of course- who they say has only come to sign papers but has left quickly. All I've heard about him is his name is Mr. Jackson. Nothing else.

What if deep down he is one of those perverted senior old creeps who have a wife and children but want to have affairs with young girls? I hope not.

The blonde and I have each been assigned a desk but next to each other. I am not passionate about the idea of ​​having her besides me and especially if she is my competition. After making some calls, inviting the executives and arranging some paperwork necessary for the meeting, it's time for lunch. Thank God because I'm starving. They say that the cafeteria in the building is good, so in order not to waste so much time, I'll go right here and see more along the way. The morning has been quite busy and my stomach is already protesting due to lack of attention.

Good thing is that between the calls and the paperwork I have met more co-workers, among them Carlos, who invited me to lunch and offered to show me the rest of the building.

"Hey, Alejandra!" Carlos talks to me from the hallway when he sees me leaving the office. I'm grateful that he waited for me because being the new one, I was going to look ridiculous waiting for him. "Sorry I'm already here, but I didn't know how to communicate with you. Besides, to enter the presidential offices you have to have permission, so I waited outside here"

"Oh Carlos, sorry, that was my fault, I never gave you the office number nor mine so you could let me know." I give him an apologetic smile but mentally I'm facepalming.

Poor guy, he's cute.

"Well, I'm going to show you where we eat the delicacies in this office. The best part is that everything is GPC" he looks at me waiting for my reaction, but I don't know what to say, I don't know what the hell GPC is "good pretty and cheap" He says and starts laughing. I just think that I like him but despite he's good looking, I don't see myself having any more deep conversations apart from the friendly ones.

"Oh yeah, that sounds perfect because I have to take care of my budget"

"Well, let's go"

After lunch with Carlos, I make a mental note that I shouldn't let things with him go too far. He is a good guy, I estimate him to be about 25 years old, but he seems like the type of person who, if you don't stop him, will fall in love and misinterpret being nice as flirting with them. I better take care of future headaches.

The day ends, the work is done for the next day's meeting and I am nervous to meet my possible future boss. I pick up my things and when I leave I see that the sky is falling with the tremendous downpour. Luck on my side as always. As I am distracted looking out the window while walking, I bump into someone and as soon as I see who it is I start laughing and apologize for the thousandth time today.

"Sorry, I was distracted watching the downpour. I didn't hurt you, did I?" Michael must think I'm the clumsiest person in the world. First I almost had a panic attack in the elevator, I squeezed his arms until they were numb and now I trip over him. Excellent first impression, Alejandra.

"I'm fine, don't worry. I'm only going to have one toe amputated due to the pressure of your heel but everything else is fine." He says it nonchalantly but in his eyes I see that he is having fun mortifying me.