Chapter 23: Pain

The next day at the office is normal.
Normal being Christy rolling her eyes at me but at least keeping her distance. And Michael... well he hasn't showed up. And by the time it is looks like he isn't coming today at all either. Again running away when we have an argument...

I'm working on a report from the meeting we had two days ago, when my phone pings. It's a text from Christopher asking if he can come this weekend and I obviously say yes. Distractions is what I need.

The day comes to an end and I finish my tasks and go home. I'm tired and starving as hell so I want to leave asap. At home I order some take out and take my iPad to check on my personal emails while the food arrives. Everything's normal until I see a name. Twice.

From: Michael Jackson
To: Alejandra Hoffman
Subject: Confirmation

Dear, Ms. Hoffman:
I apologize if my company displeased you a few hours ago. But remember, we must be professional, so, I need an answer to the proposition I made.

Sincerely,
Michael Jackson

I'm speechless when I read the message. This dude has some balls! I wasn't going to answer but my impulsive bitch wants to go out now.

From: Alejandra Hoffman
To: Michael Jackson
Subject: Answer

Dear, Mr. Jackson:
As you said before, we must be professional. My answer to your proposition is NO.

Sincerely,
Alejandra Hoffman

I send the email feeling rejoice and I don't know why. But that rejoice doesn't last long welcoming a sudden headache as I see Michael replies almost instantly.

From: Michael Jackson
To: Alejandra Hoffman
Subject: Be professional and think about it.

My lovely, Ms. Hoffman:
Sometimes, it's not good to make important decisions hastily. Think of it. My offer will be up until tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Michael Jackson

I keep staring at the screen, blankly. Why doesn't he accepts my refusal to his offer? I'm tempted to answer that email and tell him to go to hell but I don't. Give more explanations to someone who only sees me as a sex toy it's not worth it.

Fuming, I put the iPad aside and turn on the TV to watch something. Since I'm not paying attention I put a random movie. I shouldn't let him get me like that and make me mad because of his stubbornness. Eventually my food arrives and then I actually put a movie I'm going to watch.

Now it's 10:00pm but I feel really tired so I'll probably go to bed early.
Hours later, my alarm wakes me up and I get ready for work.

TGIF!

Michael probably isn't going to be here today either, if he was, he would've been here before me. That relaxes me a bit. Keeping some distance and only communicating through the phone or just emails is good for me.

Trying to file some folders in the file room, when I hear the door of Michael's office closing and someone locks it. When I turn and walk to exit the file room I see him trying to get in.