Chapter 5: Meeting

The meeting begins and Mr. Sanz begins to introduce Michael as the new CEO. Everyone updates him with numbers and company data while Cristy and I have to take notes about it. But I can't concentrate much because I feel Michael's gaze and that makes me uncomfortable. Well, Mr. Jackson. He is my boss and I owe him respect.

Out of the corner of my eye I notice that Mr. Sanz keeps looking at Cristy and she, who looks like she has ants up her ass, keeps moving in her chair next to me, looking at him and touching her hair. What a fool. 

The meeting is over and I just have to correct some things in my notes to give them to Mic-... Mr. Jackson. The more time I let pass to see him by myself, the better for me because this man makes me nervous.

So much for not being my type...

When I'm about to leave, Mr. Sanz asks me and Cristy to stay in the meeting room with him and Mr. Jackson. It seems that today they will decide who stays and who goes. 

"Well girls, I have had some time to evaluate both of you and Mr. Jackson has also been able to evaluate you from the reports that I have sent him"  says Mr. Sanz. Looks like everything is going to go to hell for me if it's because of your reports. "That's why I decided that the four of us should meet now and find out what Mr. Jackson's decision is. Mr. Jackson, you can continue"

"Thanks, Anthony. How kind you are" Mr. Jackson gives him a side glance and becomes serious. Even his voice is harsh. "I honestly don't know why we are having this 'meeting'." He makes the quote gesture with his fingers. "A few days ago I told you my decision, Anthony. I thought I was clear enough but you're not paying attention to me"

I notice a strange tension between the three of them and I feel like I'm in the middle of a battlefield where their gazes are machine guns and I don't even know what's happening.

Well, do I keep the job or not?

"Michael, I know we've had some problems in the past, but I promise you that I'm here genuinely because I want the job. I didn't know that the position available was to be your secretary." Cristy responds and does it in a haughty manner, looking at Mr. Sanz. While Mr. Jackson begins to breathe hard, I can tell by how his chest moves. "For me it is not a pleasure to be here either, but I hope that at least because of the friendship we had before you are mature and we can separate work from personal life"

Ohh, so they know each other and something happened here... 

"Cristy, I am not a child anymore, much less the one you met before" Mr. Jackson sits up in his chair, as if he were the king of the world. Actually this company is his kingdom, so yeah, he's the king of this world.

A sexy king, may I say.

"Mr Jackson, it's not that I wanted to disobey your orders. I just thought it would be a good idea to give Cristy a chance to work at work since she has shown great job performance the last few days" What the fuck. So this bastard was clearly going to give his full support to this bitch. "Alejandra, we very much appreciate your time invested in our company but-"

"Anthony, shut up, I didn't say that Alejandra was leaving." Mr. Jackson interrupts, raising his voice a bit. "If Cristy has done a good job as you say, I don't know that, I have nothing to validate it other than your words'' he turns, looking at me intensely. "On the other hand, I have seen Alejandra working and her work was more than good. She stays."

Thank you, chocolate bar. Now, I like you more

Everyone talks and argues about the topic and obviously, there were plenty of protests from the blonde when she saw that she didn't have the job until Mr. Jackson, exasperated, stopped her and spoke. I have only been silent and without reaction because everything happens quickly and if I say something wrong, I will be left with nothing.