.12 The Storm

————

When they woke up to sunny skies, lovely beaches and chirping birds they knew it was going to be a good day for flying.

Iskra handed Sokka the last of the bags as he tied them to Appas saddle, making sure they were attached tightly.

"Look at those clear skies buddy, should be some smooth flying," Aang looks up at the cloudless sky.

"Well we'd better smoothly fly ourselves to a market because we're out of food," Katara sighs as she climbs onto Appa.

"Guys wait, this was in my dream, we shouldn't go to the market," Sokka warns.

"What happened in your dream?" Katara asks.

"Food eats people!" Sokka says seriously and everyone just ignores him. "Also Momo could talk."

"I think we'll manage Sokka," Katara laughs.

"Appa, yip yip!" Aang calls out, tugging on the reigns and they fly into the sky.

They cross over calm waters, heading towards a small village by the ocean with plenty of food. But they didn't have plenty of money.

Appa landed where the boats did, lying comfortably in the water whilst Aang, Sokka, Katara and Momo head into the village. Iskra stayed with Appa.

She waited patiently on Appas back, lying down as she stared at the beautiful sky, she'd seen skies like these before. Only back then it wasn't a storm that ruined them, it was ash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12 years ago

Iskra happily ran through her house, careful not to knock over any of her mothers expensive belongings as she ran outside.

"Mum!" She yelled, running towards her.

"Issy there you are, I want you to meet someone," Her mother reached out for her hand.

Iskra held onto her mothers hand, looking at the ground as she tried to feel who her mother wanted her to meet. It was found over a year ago that Iskra could earthbend and she's been improving rapidly ever since.

"This is L-."

Her mother is cut off by a loud rumble in the ground that shook them to their knees. Smoke flew through the air, wafting through the town.

"It's the fire nation," Her mother whispered, tears filling her eyes.

The doors to their large estate where knocked down, fire soldiers revealed behind them as they raised their hands and burned down everything they saw.

Iskra's mother grabbed her, holding her tightly in her arms as they ran towards their house. Iskra clawed at her mothers back, wanting to help her town with her earthbending but she wasn't strong enough.

"Muma i can help!" She pleaded.

"No Iskra, we must keep you hidden," Her mother ran into a small closet, sitting down as she begged for her daughter to stop crying.