The Sorcerer's Stone {20}

Professor McGonagall called out, the hall went silent. Harry walked up and sat on the stool, whispers broke out as the sorting hat was placed in his head.

"Very difficult, plenty of courage I see, not bad mind either" The hat spoke to him. "There's talent, yes a thirst to prove yourself, but where to put you"

"Not Slytherin, not Slytherin" Harry smiled at the edge of his stool, shutting his eyes as he whispered.

"Rude"

"Not Slytherin eh, are you sure, you could be great. It's all here in your head, and Slytherin will help you on your way to greatness. No doubt about that, no, well if you're sure better be-"

"Gryffindor!"

"My son was almost placed in Slytherin!" James screeched.

They cheered immediately, as Harry made his way to the Gryffindor table.

"We got Potter!" The Weasley twins cheered. "We got Potter!"

Harry sat down, as he looked up to Dumbledore, who lifted up his goblet.

All first-years were sorted, as McGonagall tapped the spoon in her goblet, catching the attention of students.

"Your attention, please" She said, as the headmaster stood up with wide arms.

"Let the feast begin"

The food magically appeared on all four tables, the hall was immediately filled with chatter.

"Wow" Harry whispered, as Ron grabbed two chicken legs and started eating both at once.

"I'm half and half, me dad's a muggle, mum's a witch" A little boy said. "Bit of a nasty shock for him when he found out"

The hall filled with laughter.

"Say Percy, who's that teacher talking to Professor Quirrell?" Harry leaned over to Percy, who was sitting next to him.

"Oh, Professor Snape" The older boy replied. "Head of Slytherin house"

"Aww, I feel bad for them" Sirius muttered under his breath.

"What's he teach?"

"Potions, everyone knows it's the dark arts he fancies" Percy explained, to Harry. "He's been after Quirrell's job for years"

The camera pans past the Slytherin table.

"Eat" Blaise pushed a plate filled with food towards her.

"I'm fine, Blaise" Rory waved him off, irritated with the boy.

"Blaise" Mattheo warned Blaise, who looked uncertain.

"Just leave it" Apollo told him, grabbing his arm.