The Sorcerer's Stone {24}

The scene faded again to Potions classroom. The students are chatting when the door bursted open and Professor Snape entered with his cape flying behind him.

"Dramatic much, Sev" Rabstan joked.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. I don't expect any of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making" Professor Snape said, looking towards Draco. "However for those select few..."

"Who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitched the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle frame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death"

Draco raised a brow, Professor Snape saw Harry writing down what he had just said.

"The again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not, pay, attention"

"He was taking notes" James defended him.

Hermione nudged Harry, making him look up.

"Mr Potter, our new celebrity" Professor Snape sneered. "Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

"That's a third-year question!" Lily argued with a screen.

Hermione hand shot up, while Harry just shrugged his shoulders.

"You don't know?" Snape continued. "Let's try again, Mr Potter would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar"

Hermione's hand shot up once again, while Draco sniggered in the background with Theo and Enzo.

"I don't know, sir" Harry said.

"And the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"Wolfsbane?" Remus questioned.

"I don't know, sir"  Harry said once again.

"Pity, clearly fame isn't everything is it, Mr Potter?" Professor Snape said with a smirk.

"Just so up you know Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful, it is known as the Draught of living Death"  Snape continued. "A bezoar of a goat and it will save you from most potions, as for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant. Which also goes by the name of aconite"

"Well why aren't you copying this down?" He said once he noticed no one was taking notes.

"But you shouted Harry for doing it!" Lily complained.