The Sorcerer's Stone {26}

A sunny afternoon outside the castle, on the training ground. First-year students of Slytherin and Gryffindor house were lined in two rows with broomsticks to their side.

"We get to watch his first flying lesson!" James and Sirius cheered.

The teacher, Madam Hooch who had spiked grey hair and bright yellow eyes, walked down the middle of the line.

"Good afternoon class, welcome to your first flying lesson, what are you waiting for?" Madam Hooch continued. "Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick, come on now hurry up, stick your right hand over the broom and say, up"

Sirius and James let out a high pitched squeals.

Shouts of 'Up' can be heard, Harry's broom immediately flew up into his hand. Hermione's roll over, making her stare at Harry, with frustration written on her face. While Ron's flicked up and smacked him right in his face.

The hall erupted in laughter.

"Shut up, Harry!" Who laughed, as Ron rubbed his nose.

"Up!" Draco said, and his broom does the same as Harry's, causing him to smirk.

"Up!" The quintuplets said, theirs immediately flew into their hands.

Rory started jumping up and down excitedly, turning to Mattheo. Sky turned to Draco, smiling brightly at him. Regulus and Apollo did a handshake, the rest of the Slytherin's did the same.

"Aww, that's so cute" Marlene cooed.

"Draco and Sky?" Barty whispered to Even.

"Ten gallons?" They shared at nod.

"Now once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it" Apollo and Regulus gave each other a look.

"And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end" Sky and Rory shared a look.

"You dirty minded children" Remus chuckled quietly.

The class mounted on their brooms, stopping once she passed Seamus.

"Your other right hand, Mr Finnigan" Madam Hooch sighed. "Goodness boy, what have you done with your eyebrows?"

"Lost 'em ma'am" Seamus replied.

Many laughed at that.

"Excuse me Madam Hooch, Given that a few of us have been on sticks for a few years, would it make sense to separate the expert fliers from," Draco said, slowly glancing towards Harry. "The neophytes?"

"Thank you Mr Malfoy, but I'm sure that even an expert flyer such as yourself can appreciate the benefits of reacquainting oneself with the basics" Madam Hooch told him, as Draco turned red, causing Gryffindor to laugh. "Your grip for example, it's thumb in, not out"

"Very well now, when I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off the ground hard" Hooch continued. "Keep your broom steady, however for a moment, then lean forward slightly and touch back down, on my whistle, three, two"