Promposal

Tatum POV:

The morning after I agreed to Emily's pact, I got a phone call. I was running around my room trying to throw my clothes on before school. I'm always running late in the mornings. I'll be lucky if I have enough time to grab a granola bar on the way out the door.

"Hello?" I said as I shoved the phone between my shoulder and ear, not even bothering to see who was calling.

"Hey we need to figure out how to make this seem as real as possible." Emily said from the other end of the line.

"Well good morning to you too." I grumbled.

"Good morning asshat now back to what I was saying. We need to somehow publicly announce our relationship." Emily stated.

"Why?"

"Because Dave Barton just sent me a dick pic so I need these guys to know that I'm not available asap." Emily explained.

"Okay just post a picture of us on instagram or something." I replied as I pulled on a pair of sweatpants.

"No that's not believable enough." Emily replied.

"So what do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Come up with some big way to ask me out or something."

"Why can't you ask me out? This whole fake dating thing was your idea anyways."

"Because Tatum, you asked me out when we dated. It's more deliverable for us to date again if you were the one to ask me out again. And since you broke up with me. There's no way I would ever beg for my ex back." Emily said with disgust.

"Well you kinda did when you asked me to do this stupid pact-"

"Okay that's enough." Emily retorted and I couldn't help but laugh. "Are you going to help me or what?"

"Don't worry baby, I already have a genius idea."

________________________________________________________________________________

Emily POV:

Genius my ass.

I don't know what the fuck Tatum is thinking but she hasn't been in school all day and she isn't at practice right now. How are we supposed to be proving that we're back together when she's too busy dropping off the face of the earth?

I can't even begin to tell you how many time's I've called her today.

As the girls ran around at practice, I walked over to Coach Crowley.

"Did Tatum tell you that she wasn't going to be here today?" I asked.

"Yes she did." Coach Crowley stated simply, not even bothering to take his eyes off of the field.

"Did she say why?" I pried.

"Yep."

I just glared at coach with his one word answer. He glanced over at me and smirked before looking back to the field.

"Do I have to ask every single question or can you just answer me all up front?" I said annoyed. Coach just laughed at me.

"What's your question miss Holloway?" He asked.

"Why isn't Tatum here?" I asked.

"I can't tell you that."

"You're kidding me."

"Nope."

"I'm getting really sick of this." I said with a pout as I crossed my arms over my chest. Coach just laughed at me again.