Move In Day... Again

*One year after the breakup*

Emily POV:

Campus was bustling with this years incoming freshmen trying to find their dorms. I've been in the campus center all day working a table for peer tutoring with a couple of the other club members. We've had a couple students sign up to be future tutors and others sign up to be tutored.

It's 4:30 right now and we get to leave at five. We've been at this booth since 8am. They've only had us out here so long because they want to make sure that everyone who needs academic help has the chance to get it early on. They also want us out here until pretty much everyone has moved into the dorms, just in case people need help finding their way.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and pulled it out to see that I had a text from Sienna. "When you are done running that booth we should go out for dinner. I want you to meet my friend Reese." It said.

I quickly typed back my response. "Sounds great. Can't wait to meet her." After responding to Sienna's text, I shoved my phone back into my pocket. I then felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. I smiled, already knowing that it was Cam.

Things have gotten better since our fight a couple months ago. We talked and even though Cam and Sienna still visibly don't like each other, they are both much more civil about it. I'm glad because if my girlfriend can't get along with my best friend, who's going to be my future maid of honor some day, then we have some issues.

"How's your day been babe?" Cam asked as she placed a kiss on my cheek and hugged me tighter.

"It's been good. I'm just dying in this heat right now." I stated.

"I can tell. You look hot. In more ways than one." Cam stated. I could practically hear the smirk in her voice. She loosened her grip on me and I turned slightly in my chair so that I could face her.

"You're phenomenal at this whole flirting thing." I stated with a smile.

"I try." Cam said with a laugh. "So do you want to do something after this? My friend Layla is a commuter student. She lives ten minutes from campus and has this sick inground pool. She invited us and a bunch of people over tonight if you wanna go."

I sighed. I would kill to go in the pool right now but I just made plans to hangout with Sienna and her friend Reese.

"I'm sorry babe. Maybe another time? I already have plans to go out to dinner with Sienna and her friend Reese. You are more than welcome to join." I added. I couldn't miss the way Cam's face slightly twisted into a frown and how her eyes narrowed just the tinniest bit.

"No thanks I'm all set. I'm going to still go in the pool. Have fun with Sienna and Reese." She replied, spitting Reese's name out like it was a curse word. Before I could say anything about it, Cam was already walking away.

I sighed and put my head in my hands. We've made some progress on the whole hating Sienna situation but for some reason, Cam has this unnecessary hatred towards Reese. Neither of us have even met this poor girl before and she's already judging her.

"Wow she's a tool." A voice said. I looked up to see a guy I assumed to be a freshman standing at the table in front of me. He wore a pair of baggy jean shorts, a black band t, and a beanie even though it was like one hundred degrees out. I applaud his commitment to the style though.

Before I could even respond to his snarky remark about Cam, my club member Ava spoke up. "Yeah tell me about it." She said with an eyeroll as she sat back in her seat.

"Okay that's enough trashing my girlfriend. Now how can I help you?" I asked the boy, doing my best to keep the annoyance out of my tone.

"I'm looking for the frat houses. Alpha Chi Omega specifically." He stated.