A New Year

*Six months since the breakup*

*February*

Tatum POV:

After the lunch lady scanned my ID card, I took my tray and walked over to the table where the majority of the lacrosse team sits. I plopped my tray onto the table with a clatter and took my seat next to Hannah.

I went to take a bite of my food when I paused with the fork hovering halfway off the tray. I looked around to see all my teammates staring at me.

"Why are you all staring?" I asked confused as I placed my fork back onto the tray. "I'm not about to eat with all of you watching me." I stated.

"Sooo did you decide where you're going to college?" Hannah asked excitedly.

"Yeah Han. You know I decided that a while ago." I stated bluntly before taking a speedy bite of the pasta on my dish.

"Yes but you never told me where." She pointed out.

"Can't tell you until signing day." I stated.

From freshman year to now my lacrosse skills have greatly improved. I got a couple D1 offers during my junior season but the offers started flooding in when I attended a couple of skills camps over the winter. Now I have a good ten schools breathing down my neck, just waiting to see what I do this season and just waiting to see who I sign with.

"Come onnnn. You can't even tell you're best friend?" Hannah asked with a fake pouty face.

"Nope I can't." I replied.

"What are all the schools you have offers from again?" Chesca asked. I opened my mouth to speak but one of the freshman interrupted me.

"She has offers from UCLA, North Carolina University, UMass, Florida State, University of Arizona, Boston College and Boston University, NYU, Stanford, and UMichigan." The freshman stated proudly. 

I swear this girl has the fattest crush on me. Apparently she has been following my stats since sophomore year and she's super impressed by me. She's gone to every skill camp I've attended and even asked me to coach her in addition to regular practices. I've done it a few times to be nice but I don't want her to get too attached to me.

I'm 18 and I have zero interest in dating a 14 year old. Plus, I'm more into older girls anyways.

"Yeah that covers them all." I stated bluntly before taking another bite of my food. Those are all the schools that have given me official offers but there are a few other schools who have discussed deals with me under the table. I haven't mentioned any of those yet though because until there is an official offer in writing, I refuse to commit or tell anyone else about it. 

"If I guess right will you tell me?" Hannah asked.

"No."

"Come on Tate, you don't even have to say actual words. Just blink twice if I say the right one. Ready? Stanford. UCLA-"

"Hannah I'm not telling you." I stated with a slight bit of annoyance.

"Ugh fine." She grumbled before turning her attention to her own food. 

Technically, I can tell everyone where I'm going before signing day. There is absolutely nothing legal stopping me from doing so. So why am I not telling anyone?

Because I don't want people to judge me for my choice.

Actually I know for a fact that people will be skeptical because of the reason why I am choosing to go to this school. This school has given me absolutely nothing. No D1 offer, no letter of interest, not even any hypothetical talk.