Dinner Dates

I am sooooo sorry for the super slow updates! But good news, I GOT A NEW COMPUTER!!!! I am going to crank out as many chapters as I can as fast as I can. You guys deserve it after I made you wait so long lol. Thank you all to being loyal to this story and for waiting patiently for updates. Love yall and enjoy the chapter!

________________________________________________________________________________

Tatum POV:

It's now 10pm at night. The restaurant just closed and the last of the customers have left so I am rushing to clean the place up. I have somewhere that I urgently have to be after this.

"Come on lets get this place cleaned up!" I called to the rest of the waitstaff.

"Why you got somewhere to be?" My coworker Francesca called. I just rolled my eyes.

"No Chesca I just want to go to bed at a reasonable hour." I called back.

Fun fact, Francesca just moved here from Italy about a month ago and I find it very fitting that she works in the one authentic Italian restaurant in town. She's the same age as me and going into her senior year this fall. She's a foreign exchange student from Positano Italy which means she has a heavy, sexy accent. If she wasn't straight and if I wasn't madly in love with Emily then I would 100% go for her.

"Ayyy Tatum you forget that I can tell when you're lying." Francesca teased back with a wink as she swept the floor.

"How the fuck to you know that?" I asked as I finished wiping down the last table.

"Because I'm Italian Tate. Italian women are psychic. You've never heard of that?" She asked in all seriousness.

"I don't believe in psychics, or mind reading, seeing the future, or any of that bullshit." I said as I crossed my arms and leaned against the counter.

"Okay then how do I know this? You aren't rushing us outta here so that you can sleep. You're rushing us out of here so that you can go see a special someone maybe?" She asked with a wink and my jaw dropped.

"What the fuck?" I asked. For reference, I have never uttered a word about Emily to Chesca. Mainly because we just haven't been working together for that long and we aren't really friends yet.

Francesca just laughed.

"So who's this special someone?" She asked.

"My girlfriend Emily." I said. At the mention of Emily, Chesca tensed up a bit. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What? What's that face for?" I asked.

"Oh nothing." Francesca said as she shook her head.

"You're lying."

"Oh look who's the psychic now?" Chesca said as she threw her arms up in the air.

"Oh I am far from a psychic. I can just tell from your facial expression dumbass." I said with a laugh and an eye roll.

"Sorry I'm not accustomed to American facial expressions yet." She said with a huff.

"So what was that face for?" I asked with my arms crossed. "Is it because I have a girlfriend. Do you got a problem with that?" I asked as my eyes narrowed. Francesca's eyes went wide as she frantically shook her head.

"No no no it's not that. I am completely okay with you being gay and having a girlfriend. It's just not as widely accepted in Italy as it is here in America so you caught me a bit by surprise." Chesca admitted.

"Sure." I stated. I've been out for a while so I am beyond sick of homophobic people.

"I'm okay with it Tatum I swear. And I would like to be friends with you so let me prove it to you." Chesca begged.