Chapter 2: The Beginning of Everything.

Tryna fix something

But you can't fix what you can't see

It's the soul that needs the surgery.

-Pretty Hurts by Beyoncé.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 2: The Beginning of Everything.

{Troye's P.O.V.}

Imagine being a freak. Check. Now, imagine going to a school with people who are basically just like you, if not worse.

This is the life I live as Troye Sivan Mellet. I had stupid superpowers that I hated so much. I would give anything to have a normal life.

"Yo, hello, Troye," I see someone's hand being waved frantically in my face. That someone was none other than Joe Sugg.

"Yeah, what's up?" I cleared my throat to try to have a casual conversation with him, but he wasn't buying it, not for a second.

"Nah, what's up with you, man? I see the gears in your head turning. Talk to me."

I opened my mouth to speak, but I heard Ricky & his "boys" coming, which made me freeze & all the blood drained from the face. I looked at Joe with wide eyes, fear evident in them, & he mouthed, "Use your power now before it's too late."

He ran over to distract Ricky & his pack while I willed myself to do what I need to do. I shut my eyes & hear them coming over & hearing Ricky ask from what he seemed distant, but he was actually right next to me.

"Where's Troye?" He started moving his head around the room, looking everywhere & his friends mimicked his actions. I opened my eyes to find myself invisible & I sighed softly of relief. I turn my head to look at Joe & finding him smirking & he winked at me. I'm not sure if he knew I was looking at him at the moment, but I smiled from his encouraging actions.

There were only several types of people in school.

1) The nice, attractive populars who everyone liked: Tyler.

2) The asshole populars who treated everyone like dirt & demanded to be treated like royalty, convinced everyone is MADLY in love with them, while in reality, they're hated extremely much: Ricky.

3) Semi-populars who are known somewhat, but not entirely: Joe & his sister.

4) The ones with a normal status in school: almost everyone.

& 5) The forgotten misfits who didn't really exist & were constantly left out of everything to be outcasts: Dan, Phil, & I guess... me.

Oh, a tiny fact I may have forgotten to mention, what my superpowers are in specifics. I can turn invisible, when & if need be, much like I just did. I could also read minds, but no one knew that besides my family & Joe. Almost everyone has one dominant superpower they are forced to list in the first 5 years of their lives & mine was invisibility. It was the trait I had been able to do since 2 weeks old, before I could even walk, but around the age of 8, I discovered I could also read minds. I could only pick up a fragment of thoughts from my friends & family, time to time at first, but from about the age of 10, I could hear everything that anyone was thinking of. It was a blessing at times, but most the time in all honesty, it was just a burden, if you ask me.

Ricky Dillon & his friends have been picking on me for as long as I could remember. I was always the scrawny, skinny, timid kid that was easy to pick on. I never said much to people who didn't know me. I wasn't rude, I did my best to be well-mannered, I just preferred to stay invisible & go unnoticed. That was always easy considering I had the power to do so when I wanted.