Chapter 18: Dangerous Endeavors.

Do you recall, not long ago

We would walk on the sidewalk

Innocent, remember?

All we did was care for each other

But the night was warm

We were bold and young

All around the wind blows

We would only hold on to let go.

-Lean On by Major Lazer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 18: Dangerous Endeavors.

{Troye's P.O.V.}

I turned off the ignition to face Tyler & I find him sleeping.

A smile instantly grew on my face from how different he looked compared to when he was awake. He didn't seem stressed or submerged in worried thoughts, he was at peace, in a tranquil state of mind.

I took out my phone to take a selfie with him while he was sleeping. I wanted to cherish how cute he looked because who knows when I'd get to see Tyler sleep again?

I snapped the picture, sending it out to everyone we know as I captioned it, "Tyler's asleep!"

Instantly, I got several messages back, the first one being Caspar.

*******************************
From: Caspar Sugg. ✌

You're not taking advantage of him now, are you? (((;
*******************************

I immediately texted him back that I indeed was not, but he didn't believe me, of course.

I rolled my eyes from Caspar's immaturity, locking my phone, ignoring the rest of the messages I had gotten.

I couldn't stop myself from taking Tyler's sleep face into my hands to bring our foreheads together. I absentmindedly started rubbing small circles on his face to keep myself in the here & now.

Tyler deserves my undivided attention, he's all that mattered. He's the only thing I could think about all the time. Tyler meant everything to me.

He is the air that I breathe.

He is my heart that keeps me alive.

He is the glue that kept me together.

He is the warmth I receive from the sun.

He is the light that showed me the way during the darkest of times.

He brought color to my skies.

Tyler is what made me. He completed me. I'd be lost without him.

He stirred a little, making me halt my airy breaths. He then murmured something gently, so gently, it could've gone unheard, but I caught it anyways.

"I'm glad you said hi, Troye. No, I'm really glad you said hi."

I know Tyler is sleeping & there is no chance he'd hear me. I felt the need to respond anyhow because it felt right.

"I'm glad you said hi back. If it wasn't for you, I'd be alone & honestly, really unhappy. I love you. So much."

I kissed him for a brief moment, stopping myself from doing anything further. He's unconscious.

A soft expression took over his face, a small, soft, but genuine, content, blissful smile replacing his features from earlier.

He took his face out of my hands to snuggle up into my shoulder & I let him.