Chapter 5: Free Falling.

I'm trying hard to forget you,

But my empty walls won't let me let you go

When you took it all, you forgot your shadow,

You say you wish me well without you,

But something 'bout you tells me that you know.

-Shadow by Sam Tsui.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 5: Free Falling.

{Tyler's P.O.V.}

Ricky is bullying him. He's bullying Troye. How did I not notice this? How did I not notice him in general in the past?

He WILL stop bullying my boyfriend. Okay, FUTURE boyfriend, but nonetheless, Ricky is going to learn a lesson if he messes with Troye any further.

I don't know why I'm letting him drive me so crazy. We literally just met a few hours ago, but I can already sense he's special. He's different. I like him. A lot more than I should, but I can't help it.

The weight of a simple human emotion can really weigh you down more than anything.

I thought I didn't want a boyfriend. I don't. Do I? I can't. I could get hurt, I could get Troye hurt, I would put him in danger. I can't do that to him or me or us.

It us.

& it us will have to be fine as just a friendship until I can fathom everything in the most realistic terms possible.

He already means too much to me & I can't risk it. A friendship has to be enough, at least for now. I don't even know if he feels the same way. Just because he's gay too doesn't mean he automatically likes me back. I wasn't even sure what we are right now. Friends? I hope so, to say the least.

The memories attacked similar to a beehive, swarming me, hurting me, pricking at me, causing pain. The feeling of trapped, abandonment, & fright come flooding in like waves. I felt paralyzed.

My last boyfriend & I didn't exactly work out, which sparked this sense of the fear of falling in love, I guess. It's not that we fell out of love or anything because we loved each other a lot, we did. I thought maybe even that he was the one, the person I'd want to spend the rest of my life with, the one I'd marry, settle down, have 10 kids, grow old together kind of love. I thought we had that. I'm certain we did.

His name was Kingsley. We had lots in common & we hardly ever fought. I wouldn't say we argued, it was more like death stares & the silent treatment. He got mad whenever I got all social justicey & I'd got upset with him whenever he was pissed off with me.

We were so infatuated with one another. We clung like opposite sides of magnets, naturally attracting each other wherever we go. He was mine & I was his.

But one day, he revealed to me he had two superpowers. Of course I do too & I wanted to share that information, but my Mom's promise nagged me in the back of my mind to keep it down, to lock the secret deeply within me & never let it be released to anyone for any reason.

Kingsley had the power of mind-control, which I knew, but he told me he could also levitate things when he tried hard enough.

It might not seem like a big deal to have multiple powers & honestly, it isn't. At least the Justice wants everyone to agree & believe that & I do too, considering I'm one of the ones who do happen to be cursed with more than one power.

But in the book of the Allegiance, they believe otherwise. When everyone has one power, it's easy for people to conform, make friends with the same types, & to keep them under control, but when people have two or possibly three, four, five, or even more, they get harder to tame & they grow concerned that someday, they might attack, they may rebel & take over, dominating, destroying everything & everyone. For that reason, even though there is nothing in our history proving that has happened or could happen, they normally "got rid" of the people who were of suspect or confirmed they have more than one power. They convinced us it was only for the best. I call utter bullshit, but I was never stupid enough to voice that opinion.