Chapter 16: Secrets, Can You Keep It?

Oh, when the moon was shining bright before mornin'

I made a deal with the stars to keep holdin'

Shinin' bright to come and bring me back home

The lights in my eyes, they disappeared

The visions in my mind are enough to keep me from fear

I won't let it hold me down

The other way around

I don't want the words to, I can't make a sound

Cause I can't stop wondering

If I was too late to see the signs

If I could go back with hands up

I'd look up to the sky

And give in.

-Pray To God by Calvin Harris ft. HAIM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 16: Secrets, Can You Keep It?

{Troye's P.O.V.}

I got forced against my will to do an extra hour of testing than I would've normally had to.

I never slip up the way I did today, something really odd is going on. In all honesty, I've never been able to do anything with my invisibility besides just that. Turn invisible. The walking through walls thing is about as new to me as it was to them.

I need to talk to Tyler right now. I hope his evaluation went far better than mine did. That hope is what keeps me together for now. If he's safe, that makes me happy. I love him, I don't want anything to ever happen to Tyler.

Tyler is my world.

I can't imagine a life without him. I'm absolutely exhausted to my breaking point, but I want & also need to see Tyler right not to figure what is going on. I also need to find out if Tyler's been experiencing this first-hand too.

I run out of the school building the moment I'm released from my evaluation, feeling deathly afraid more than usual. I wanted to away from here, far as possible for as long as possible, crashing into someone, sending me into a frenzy of panic. It's Tyler.

"Holy shit, Tyler, you gave me a heart attack," I say, my chest heaving, bending down, trying to catch my breath, placing my hands on my knees while looking up to him all at the same time.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you're safe," He wrapped his arms around my neck, pulling me in for a tight hug protectively & I huffed before letting my body's natural instincts kick in to do the same.

He's tense. He was probably stressing all day over me & my evaluation, praying that I'd be spared, just like I did for him.

I kissed his forehead, mumbling against his skin, "Calm down, Ty, it's okay. I'm still here. I'm fine."

"I know that now, but I was so damn worried about you," He tippy-toed to bring our foreheads together.

"See, I'm still in one piece," I shook one of my arms in hopes of lighting the mood.

I lean back a little to look at his face. My eyes start to roam to the curl of his lips & the center of eclipse, slowly turning up into a smile, indicating my cheer up plan was working. He broke out laughing, pushing me away, "You're a dork."

"Yeah, but I'm your dork," I exclaim, sticking my tongue, wrapping my arms around him in my embrace around his waist, picking him up, spinning him around childishly without a care in the world.