Chapter 7: Set Me Free.

Everybody's been there,

Everybody's been stared down by the enemy

Fallen for the fear

And done some disappearing,

Bow down to the mighty

Don't run, just stop holding your tongue.

-Brave by Sara Bareilles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 7: Set Me Free.

{Tyler's P.O.V.}

This is how my thinking process has been going since I met Troye today: food, Troye, family, Troye, school, Troye, life after graduation, how maybe Troye will be a part of that life, friends, Troye, the Internet, Troye, Troye, Troye, Troye, Troye, Troye.

Fuck, I have dug myself a deep hole for myself with this boy.

I am so screwed.

I couldn't even go five seconds without thinking about him, let alone five minutes.

It's not that I minded, really, I just needed some time to figure out how I feel, how he might feel about me amongst many other things.

It didn't help that Zoe told me he's going to fall in love with me. I know it'll happen. There's never been a time when any of Zoe's visions have been wrong & that excites yet terrifies the hell out of me.

I should be happy about it, right?

Isn't that what I want?

But am I ready for a relationship again?

Can you risk putting Troye in danger when you care for him?

Does he even want to be with you?

These thoughts were consuming me briskly & speedily like I landed in a pit of quicksand. I was stuck, I couldn't get out. It keeps pulling me back, deeper & faster the more I struggled to leave. All I can do is sit & continue to sink, sink, sink. 

Call him, you have his number!  My heart of course says. 

My brain differs though. Don't. Wait for him to call or text you. You don't wanna seem desperate. 

I opened to his contact in my cell phone & I see that he saved it as Boy Toy Troye. 

I cackled at that to have a lovesick smile take over my face in a moment & my thumb hovered over the call button while the internal war within me went on. 

Call him. 

Don't do it. 

Just call him, so that you can hear his angelic voice already! 

TYLER, CONTROL YOUR THRIST, DON'T CALL HIM. 

The time you're having this battle with yourself you could spend talking to him. 

With that thought, I caved & dialed his number. My eyes went wide when I realized what I had just done. I'm calling him. My nerves were like livewire & I was jittery like I ate six bags of sugar, there is no way I could talk to him. 

I was about to hang up when he picked up. I hear breathing on the end, indicating he's there. 

His breathing was shallow & I could sense the nervous tension in this call between us already. 

"Tylah?" He finally said, his accent sounding heavier than usual over the phone, but then again, it's 10 P.M. He was probably about to go to sleep.