I'll Buy It For You Every Day

“Hey, Newwiee. Let’s go eat.”

It was Book Kasidet who called me. Book has been a close friend of mine since first grade. His nickname is ‘Feel’, but he especially liked me because I was the only one who didn’t call him that. Honestly, I didn’t want to call him with such a low-quality nickname, and it was annoying to hear the giggle next to Book, who said, ‘Oh, why are you calling the precious name my parents gave me like that!’

I woke up when I heard it was already lunchtime. However, the air conditioner was cooler than yesterday. Going out of the hallway would be hell. Oh, I’m too lazy to eat. It would have been nice if the cafeteria came out as soon as the door opened, but that was absurd.

As I sat in the back seat of the classroom, I took a step out the back door and looked at the guys who were threatening the other students for no reason. And I made eye contact with Tay Tawan, who was silently listening in the middle.

“…”

“…”

I was the one who avoided his gaze first. I put my hands forward and hesitated. Why did our eyes have to meet? In fact, the night before he send me a text message. He also offered to take me home yesterday. However I didn’t want to show him the way to my house, so I told him that I would go alone. Thankfully, I was able to go alone. But as soon as I got home, three messages came 10 minutes apart.

Tay: [Did you get home safely?] 5:28 PM

Tay: [Did you eat?] 5:38 pm

Tay: [Let’s call] 5:48 pm

Tay called to see if I was still there while I was sitting still without responding to the message he sent. Then he went on with the unimportant conversation.

I paused for a moment, thinking about what had happened the day before, but was startled awake by a voice calling my name.

“Hey, New Thitipoom.”

Tay waved his hand and called me. The five pairs of eyes that were looking at Tay Tawan all turned to me. Instead of responding, I raised my collar like a shriveled fish in the sun and stared at Tay.

“Let’s go eat.”

“…”

Book's gaze turned to me. I waved my hands. Tay put his hand in his pocket and came closer. No. Please don’t come to me. Much to my surprise, Tay already stood in front of me. He was much taller than me, so even if I tilted my head sharply, I had to look up.

“Eat with me.”

“I, Fri, friend… .”

My gaze was drawn back and forth to Book.

‘What do you want me to do?‘ Book mouthed.

“Friend?”

Tay's gaze then turned to Book. As soon as Book's eyes met mine, he forced a smile. Then, cleverly, he joined the group of the class leader who was just about to leave the classroom.

“Newwiee, hahaha. I’m going to eat with another friend. You two eat together.”

That traitor!

Book is originally that kind of guy. A traitor who will betray his country. He seemed to know that he would be in trouble, so he immediately ran away. I stomped my foot in front of Book, who made an apologetic face saying ‘I’m sorry’. Then he goes away, and I looked at Tay in front of me.

“Let’s go.” It was Tay who patted my shoulder with his bear-sized hand and walked ahead.

Munch. There is nothing else that can be said to describe how he eats other than that word. Tay Tawan was good at acting cute to the aunts who served food to him. The aunts were overjoyed. ‘Our Tay eats a lot~’, ‘If it’s not enough, come again. I’ll give you more.’ It followed with this kind of comment.