Side Story : Stomachache

This is purely an extra 🥹 Might add a little more of these before the sequel. Point out the typos for me to correct. Don't forget to vote and comment ;)

Enjoy!

~

Everything changed when you were in your third year of high school.

Everything in the 'school' used to feel custom-made for the third grader. In the third year, the air conditioner that didn't turn on even when I was in the first and second years could be turned on as much as I wanted. It wasn't even central heating, we could turn it on and off as we pleased.

Furthermore, the teachers didn't care how we dressed in our school uniforms.

The students were also categorized into 3 groups: crazy, sensitive, or studying a little more than usual.

To be honest, I was the second. It wasn't that I'd become more sensitive as if mentally I were on a knife-edge, but my body was the first to feel. It was a moment when I realized what the teachers had been saying all along that we needed to take care of our physical strength.

Tuk. A rough finger stabbed my back. I turned around while clutching my stomach and saw Tay with his head tilted and staring at me. He swung the pencil in his hand around with one hand.

"New Thitipoom, are you sick?"

I shook my head in response to the question, but my already wrinkled forehead revealed how sick I was.

Another thing that changed in my third year of high school was that I would sit next to each other without a deskmate. Tay and I have initially seated a few rows apart because the numbers were assigned in name order, but after the national combined academic evaluation in June, we changed seats again, and fortunately sat back and forth.

Sitting back and forth with Tay had its advantages and disadvantages. Tay, who has seen everything I haven't seen, could sit comfortably behind me. It was also nice to sit quietly, and having him behind me was psychologically comforting. I was busy before because I had to look after him repeatedly just in case he was sleeping.

The disadvantage was that if I had to choose, there were times when my body stiffened because of him. I couldn't sleep on my stomach because I needed to study hard, but the other reason was that I was afraid of being seen from behind wearing a T-shirt with a childish pattern under my summer uniform. In fact, I couldn't say it was a disadvantage at all.

Anyway, it was not as great as it was.

Even as I was listing the advantages and disadvantages of sitting back and forth by myself, I couldn't stand the pain in my lower or upper abdomen. It seemed that even a cold sweat was seeping out.

"Urgh..."

Tay ran his tongue across his dry lips as I unconsciously let out a small groan. Then he grabbed my forearm with one hand. A warm, hard hand touched my arm. His voice was directed to one position because it was self-study time without a teacher.

"Class leader."

The class leader, who wore round glasses, turned to face Tay. Not only the class leader but also some of the other students looked at him. The class leader, who had not yet properly spoken to Tay, looked at him with a puzzled expression. Tay pointed with his chin at me.

"I'll take him to the infirmary."

Then, as he got up he didn't let go of my forearms. I was dragged up like a fish caught on a fishing line, and I had no choice but to follow him. It was as if I had entered a steam room when I opened the classroom door and exited. Tay closed the classroom door after turning around and confirming that I had followed him. Tay and I were the only ones in the corridor.