29. kiss me

This chapter is pretty much 2600 words of smut. Please don't read if this make you uncomfortable or if you are underage.

"I'm not a religious person but I do sometimes think God made you for me"

- Sally Rooney

~~~~~~

Lorenzo Berkshire

"Are you okay?", Cassie asked, concern etched into her features.

"No, not really", I growled, clenching my fists subconsciously as I paced round my dorm.

The rain battered against the windows of my dorm room, the relentless sound a mirror of the fury I was feeling.

"Its okay, Lorenzo. Let's just forget about it", she said, placing her hand on my arm.

"It's not okay", I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "He has no right to talk to you like that. You're my guest, and he should treat you with respect".

"Enzo", Cassie gave me a small smile and reached out for my hand, lacing her fingers into mine. "I don't care what he thinks".

Despite the cold, a sense of warmth washed over me at her touch. The rain had left her drenched, yet she stood before me like a vision, raindrops glistening on her face, her damp hair cascading around her in delicate curls, her black dress clinging to her curves in a way that made my heart race. I could feel my anger melt away as I gazed at her. Cassie always had a way of making me forget everything else.

I realised she was shivering from the rain, even with my suit jacket draped over her shoulders.

"Here, let me help you with that," I offered, moving behind her to unzip her dress, my hands trembling slightly as I tried to ignore the thoughts that were racing through my mind, especially after what we had nearly done earlier. I forced myself to turn away, to give her some privacy.

But then I felt her hand on my shoulder, pulling me back towards her, her lips meeting mine in a soft, insistent kiss.

I wanted to give in. I wanted her. But I needed her to be sure.

"You're drunk", I said, my heart sinking at the realization.

Cassie shook her head, a small pout forming on her lips. "I'm not drunk, Lorenzo. I promise".

"Prove it", I crossed my arms over my chest.

"What?", Cassie asked, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Prove to me that you're not drunk", I repeated, my voice firm.

Cassie rolled her eyes playfully but complied, placing one foot in front of the other, her body perfectly balanced. She made it to the other side of the room without stumbling once, one of her hands gripping the top of her unzipped dress to stop it slipping.