New Faces & Coffee Runs

I was held up in my room now refusing to go back out there and acknowledge those two idiots. I had changed into some comfier clothes seeing as I was not going to be washing my truck anytime soon, and had unplugged the heater for the water so my relaxing hot tub experience would have to wait.

I heard the sound of a truck starting and driving away but paid no attention to it as I made my way to my bathroom to check my hand out. Once I got there I turned the light on and glanced at it. It was slightly swollen and there was drying blood on the knuckles that had split. What the hell was his face made out of fucking steel!? 

I opened and closed my hand a couple times and then ran it under warm water to rinse the blood off. Once that was done I grabbed a couple band aides and wrapped them around the knuckles. I sighed and walked out of the bathroom shutting the lights off and walking over to the window sitting on the bench and looking out.

I saw that the topkick was not here anymore, but the silver sports car still remained. I just shook my head in anger. I wasn't sure how to handle these emotions going through me right now so I thought it best to just hide away in my room.

After sitting on the ledge for over an hour and watching the sun set I walked over to my bed and climbed in letting my body relax into the soft mattress and fluffy blankets. After the events that taken place today the exhaustion took over and sleep found me very easily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was woken the next morning by soft knocks on my bedroom door.

"Laura, hun are you awake?" I heard the voice of my uncle on the other side. I groaned, I did not want to deal with anything today, but I am an adult and guess I should try and be civil with him. Plus I miss my uncle, he is my best friend and I'm tired of holding this grudge, it took to much effort. With a sigh I pushed my covers off of me and walked to the door opening it.

"I am now." I said while throwing my hair up into a messy bun. Once that was done arms were wrapping around me in a tight embrace. I stood still for a moment before returning it.

"Are you okay? Ron told me what happened last night and Sides said that you punched him and hurt your hand? I wanted to check on you last night but Sides had informed me that you had gone to bed. What happened?" My uncle said as he pulled away from the hug and held me at arm lengths away looking me over to make sure I was okay.

"What happened was you have two fucking idiots of soldiers living here that don't know how to put there egos aside. Well more so Ron, Sides wasn't that bad." I said starting to get mad again remembering what happened yesterday.

"He crashed my truck uncle....it's the only thing I had left of him." I said my voice cracking at the end as I looked away.

"Yea I saw that this morning. I'm sorry sweetie." He said patting my shoulder before giving it a squeeze.

"If it helps ease your mind a bit, Ron towed it out this morning to the base with Sides and they are going to try and fix what they messed up. Which is really weird because Ron has never done anything like this before for anyone. Even when he broke a piece of Ratchets medical equipment he just shrugged and walked away." My uncle said while scratching the back of his head.

"Well I will be okay to not see them for a couple weeks." I mumbled leaning against my door frame.

"Well then you're in luck because I asked Prime to switch out with someone else for a bit while you cool down. I figured you'd be beyond pissed and wouldn't want to see those two for a bit." He said with a small smile on his face. I just grunted and looked away.