It's going to be ok (Superbat)...(Part Four)

Clark woke up happier than usual for the first time in a while. Bruce loved him, and he had kissed him the night before. Clark climbed out of bed and made his way downstairs. He made breakfast before going back upstairs to get ready for work. Then he remembered what Bruce said last night. Taking up his phone, he sat on the edge of his bed, getting ready to deal with the impossible people at his workplace.

"Hello, thanks for calling the Daily Planet; how can I help you?" The voice of Sheila, the HR manager. Sheila was a nice woman she understood and made sure Perry gave everyone their payments on time and the right amount.

"Hey Sheila, it's Clark Kent. I'm calling in because an emergency came up and I wanted to know how much paid vacation time I got," He said.

"Oh, Clark. Nice to hear from you." Sheila replied, the sound of tapping keys in the background. "You have seven months of paid vacation." She told him.

"Can I take them all now?" He asked, hopefully.

"You could. Is that what you want?" she asked. "Yes," Clark replied.

"OK, you are now officially on vacation. You should get an email with your start and return date. Enjoy your time, Clark," she said before hanging up. Clark sighed happily and pulled out his phone to text Bruce.

C: Got seven months of paid vacation.

B: Good, pack your bags, you're moving in with me till we figure out what's wrong.

Clark smiled at the text before jumping up and pulling out two suitcases from his closet and starting packing.

Bruce pulled up in an SUV thirty minutes later, putting Clark's bag in the car, and drove him towards the manor.

"This is your room. It's right next to mine," He said, opening the door and showing Clark the biggest bedroom he ever saw. Clark walked up to the balcony door and opened them, stepping out and he had an amazing view of the garden. "It's beautiful," Clark said.

"It really is," Bruce said, coming up behind him not taking his eyes off Clark.

"Come on, let's go to the lab," He said, taking Clark's hand and leading him down to the bat cave.

"I worked out some possible causes but I need a few tests to be sure," He said, gently pushing Clark towards a medical table and attaching a bunch of wires to him.

Many tests later "Ah," Bruce exclaimed.

"What, what is it?" Clark asked, curiously for where he now sat shirtless on the table.

"It's just as I thought, you said your powers have been acting up since you fought with Luther. Turns out you have liquefied kryptonite in your blood, he must have injected you with it without you noticing. It's enough to stop your powers but not enough to kill you," Because told him.

"So can you get it out?" Clark asked, pulling on his shirt.

"Unfortunately, no, your blood is not available here on earth," Bruce told him, and Clark visibly deflated. "But, if we put you in the regeneration matrix on the ship, it should take it out of your system completely," He finished, and Clark jumped on him hugging him tightly.

He released Bruce taking a step away. "Bruce," he said softly.

"Hmm?" Bruce replied as he started to clean up.

"I love you, too," He said, making Bruce freeze before turning to face him.

"What?" He asked, not sure if he was hearing right.

Clark walked up to Bruce and kissed him long and hard, wrapping his arms around his waist and pulling him closer. "I love you, too," Clark repeated, earning a wide smile from Bruce.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 595

Re-published: May 4, 2024, 6 am

When are you reading this?