Swim with me(Superbat)...(Part Seven)

Bruce was excited his mate was taking him on a date. He had asked Clark's mother to help him pick out some clothes from the ones they had bought him for the date.

He was showered and dressed and was now trying to comb his unruly hair, using the comb Martha had given him and spent a good thirty minutes combing it.

A knock came at the door, and Martha entered. "Clark should be here in a few minutes. He wanted to do this the traditional way and pick you up," Martha chuckled, but Bruce frowned; he didn't see what was so funny about tradition.

"Let's go downstairs and wait for him," she suggested, and Bruce followed her. A few minutes later, a knock came at the door, and she told him to answer. Confused, he got up and opened the door.

He opened it and saw Clark standing there in a different outfit than when he had come for lunch. 'Did Clark come home again?'

"Are you ready to go?" Clark asked and Bruce nodded. Clark led him to the car, they never used it, they used the truck more and held the door open for him.

They both got in, and Clark started to drive. They drove into the city, and Clark paused at a place with lots of lights and music.

"What is this place?" Bruce asked in awe.

"This is a carnival. I figured you'd like it," Clark said, leading Bruce inside.

⌚🕐🕑🕒🕓🕔🕕Time Skip🕕🕔🕓🕒🕑🕐⌚

"I'm hungry," Bruce said as they exited the carnival; Bruce was carrying a large teddy Clark had won for him, and Clark was carrying about twelve little ones. He also had one for Bruce.

"That's the next part of our date," Clark informed him. He led Bruce back to the car and put all the stuffies in the back.

He drove about thirty minutes away, got a blanket from the trunk, and led Bruce up the hill. They came to a stop on top of it, and Bruce gasped. Below, you could see the lights of the city; it was like stars were on the ground.

Clark spread the Blanket and made him sit, "Can you wait here, I left the food at home. I didn't bring it because I didn't know how long we would be spending and I didn't want it to go bad in the trunk," Clark said, and Bruce nodded. Clark disappeared and came back a few minutes later with a basket in hand.

He sat Beside Bruce and started to take out the food. They ate in silence. Bruce sat close to Clark and leaned on his shoulder as he watched the lights below.

"Bruce," Clark said, and the mermaid looked up at him. "So it's been three weeks since I officially accepted to be your mate and I've been thinking," He said, and Bruce pulled away and looked up at him with searching eyes.

"Do you not want to be a mate anymore?" Bruce asked.

"Of course, I do," Clark reassured quickly before pulling a box out of his pocket. "I was thinking, maybe we should get married," he said, opening the box to reveal a ring.

"Married? What's that?" Bruce asked.

"Well, Marrying is the human way of saying that we are mates. It shows everyone that you are mine and I am yours," Clark explained, and Bruce smiled wide.

"Then I would love to marry you," Bruce said, and Clark chuckled before slipping the ring on his finger, and kissing him.

"I love you, Bruce," He said, wrapping his hands around his fiance and pulling him into his lap.

"I love you too, Clark."

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 588

Re-published: May 4, 2024, 3:45 pm

When are you reading this?