Swim with me(Superbat)...(Part One)

Bruce floated below the surface of the water, looking at the boats zooming across the surface. He wasn't sure where he was, but he knew he was near an area with many humans.

He had left his tribe four years ago to look for his mate, he had ventured on land a few times but his experience was not pleasant so he had refrained from doing that again.

He knew he had to find his mate soon. He was becoming weaker, and his tail was beginning to lose scales. He collected every one of them, keeping them in a pouch he made from seaweed. When he found them, he would give them to his mate as a gift. When the last one fell off, he had around two days to live before his body turned to coral.

Bruce's stomach grumbled as he floated there. He cast one last look at the surface before swimming down to the bottom, where he had seen some clownfish earlier. He quickly caught a few and devoured them.

He hovered near the bottom searching the floor for precious things he could give his mate. He found a few pearls, different colored stones, and sea glass, putting them all in his pouch, before securing it around his waist. He swam back to the surface just before sunset, poking the top of his head out of the water. Bruce watched the sunset wishing he had someone to share the view with just as some dolphin jumped out of the water.

He was about to go back down when he heard a whooshing sound coming toward him. Turning around, he looked to see what it was. He saw something red and blue rushing toward him. Startled, he ducked back under just as whatever it was zoomed by, disturbing the water and knocking him about.

He swam back to the bottom and gathered some seaweed. He made them into a soft pillow before lying down near the edge of an underwater cave and falling asleep.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 330

Re-published: May 4, 2024, 2:15 pm

When are you reading this?