Chapter 7: Chairman Oh

Sehun's impression of Lalisa was not favorable. She had displayed arrogance and domineering behavior since a young age and would lash out at others over minor disagreements. Moreover, her personality was extremely unstable, like a bomb that could explode at any time. His cousin, Ningning, was childish. Every time they met, they would fight. It would be out of control.

Ningning would admit her mistakes before him, but Lalisa would only run home without apologizing, making her aggrieved look.

When Sehun was comforting her by side, Ningning cried even more sadly, "Brother, help me. Lalisa pushed me on purpose. She wanted to kill me."

Ningning knew that a child who cried would get candy. Regardless of how she argued with Lalisa, she acted as a victim in front of Sehun. Sehun would side with her as long as she cried loudly enough.

As expected, Sehun flew into a rage and said to the servant, "Call the police. Lalisa is committing murder."

The guests also looked down on Lalisa's actions and urged the servants to call the police and arrest her quickly.

If they called the police, Lalisa might end up in jail. Suddenly, a voice scolded, "How dare you!"

There was only one person who could say such words in the Oh family, and that was the person who was to be congratulated at this banquet, who was the chairman of the Oh Corporation and the head of the Oh family, Old Mr. Oh. He walked out of the house with a dignified air.

Sehun was confused, "Grandpa, she almost killed Ningning. Shouldn't we call the police?"

Chairman Oh did not answer at all. He only told all the guests, "This is an honored guest I invited. Is there anything that you're dissatisfied with?"

The guests were all shocked. They did not understand why Chairman Oh would invite Lalisa, but they all chose to shut up and stop asking.

Sehun said, "Grandpa, why did you invite this evil woman?"

Chairman Oh stared at Sehun coldly, making him swallow all his words.

Sehun had never seen his grandfather look at him like this.

Chairman Oh walked to Lalisa, and his tone immediately softened, "Are you okay?"

"Never mind." Lalisa did not expect him to make such a big fuss.

After Chairman Oh heard that, he called the butler and said, "Have you asked someone to check the surveillance cameras?"

The butler lowered his head and replied, "I've already made a backup of this video. It was Miss Ning who tried to snatch Miss Manobal's phone. Miss Manobal only grabbed her wrist to stop her, but Miss Ning picked up the bottle and wanted to splash it on Miss Manobal. Ultimately, Miss Ning lost her balance and fell into the pool. Miss Ning was the one who wanted to attack Miss Manobal at the beginning."

The butler made it clear, and the people still blaming Lalisa instantly fell silent.

Ningning stopped crying when she heard the video had been backed up. She stood up and said, "Grandpa, I know I was wrong. Can you please delete the video?"

"Don't call me grandpa." Chairman Oh waved his hand and said, "Someone who can frame others without kindness has nothing to do with my family. You should leave. You're not allowed to show up in front of the Oh family again."

After saying that, he looked Ningning up and down and said, "You have no education or manners. How can you call yourself a member of the Oh family?"

These words had practically cut off Ningning's future. Any family wanting to climb the social ladder would not allow their sons to marry Ningning. She was ignorant and incompetent. Her only wish was to marry into a wealthy family in the future, but after Chairman Oh said that, it was completely over.

After the chairman gave the order, the servants immediately dragged Ningning out.

Everyone was in stunned silence due to Chairman Oh's direct approach. Yeri, in particular, cowered behind Sehun, fearing she would be held accountable for the situation.

Chairman Oh did not notice her at all. After dealing with these matters, he smiled at Lalisa and lowered his head respectfully. "I'm sorry. She doesn't know the rules and have disturbed you. Would you come with me to the study room to talk?"

Everyone was astounded by Chairman Oh's attitude toward Lalisa. The older man had a reputation for being haughty and frequently disparaging prominent figures in the political and business worlds.

Everyone knew he was not easy to get close to, so they flattered Sehun in every way possible. It was because they heard that he was Chairman Oh's favorite grandson.

Now, Chairman Oh was so polite to Lalisa. His attitude was very respectful as if he put Lalisa before himself.

Lalisa came to see him under his invitation, so she followed Chairman Oh to the study room.

As Yeri watched them walk away, she felt a twinge of reluctance. She had never been inside Chairman Oh's study room before and had heard that only Fu's family members were allowed entry.