Chapter 6: Falling Into The Pool

Ning Yizhuo thought her words would make Lalisa ashamed, but she did not expect Lalisa to look so calm. She even took a lollipop from her pocket and put it in her mouth.

Lalisa did not think that Ning Yizhuo was humiliating her. She felt that there was nothing bad about being a village girl.

However, her calm and indifferent expression made Ning Yizhuo even angrier.

When Ning Yizhuo was little, Lalisa constantly beat her up. When she knew that Lalisa had been sent to the countryside, she was happy for a few days and felt that Lalisa finally deserved it.

Now that she heard that Lalisa had been brought back, she wished she could immediately go and see what kind of village girl she had become.

Ning Yizhuo thought that Lalisa must have become tanned and thin from being exposed to the sun and wind for so long in the countryside and that she would be so uncouth and could not even be present in public. Ning Yizhuo believed that she could surpass Lalisa in appearance.

Even though Lalisa was dressed like a poor person, as she had expected, her hateful face was still beautiful. Even if she was not wearing a gown or makeup, she still outshone all the girls present.

Lalisa did not seem to care when she saw Ning Yizhuo's angry expression. Instead, she picked up her phone and wanted to send a message to tell that person she had arrived.

However, this was a form of disrespect for Ning Yizhuo.

Ning Yizhuo immediately rushed over to snatch the phone. She planned to throw the phone on the ground and show Lalisa that she owned this place.

But before she could touch the phone, Lalisa grabbed her wrist and said, "Behave yourself."

Ning Yizhuo completely ignored Lalisa's words and grabbed the bottle from the table, pouring it at Lalisa to publicly humiliate her in front of all the banquet guests.

She had a beautiful wish. If everything went smoothly, Lalisa would get wet. But just as she thought it was going to happen, Ning Yizhuo flew out with the water bottle.

Lalisa used the force of her pounce to push Ning Yizhuo away. But others thought she had only dodged for a moment before Ning Yizhuo fell into the swimming pool.

Ning Yizhuo fell into the water with a splash and shouted for help. The sound attracted all the guests.

Ning Yizhuo's exquisite makeup was ruined, and her hair was messy and stuck to her scalp. She looked like a water ghost.

The servants quickly came over to save her. Sehun, who saw Ning Yizhuo fall into the water, also ran over. They scrambled to save her, but Ning Yizhuo was too flustered and kept struggling, so they could not save her.

Lalisa could not bear it anymore and said, "The pool is so shallow. You can just stand up."

Ning Yizhuo tried to stand up straight after hearing her words. As expected, the water only reached her chest.

For a moment, it looked very awkward. Her shout just now had become a joke.

Yeri, who had rushed over, broke the silence. She turned to Lalisa and asked, "Sister, Ning-Ning was just talking to you now. How did she suddenly fall into the pool? The two of you didn't get along well when you were young, but you can't do this to her."

As soon as she spoke, everyone turned to look at Lalisa. Ning Yizhuo's expression shifted from arrogance to fear.

After climbing up with the help of the servants, Ning Yizhuo sat by the pool and cried loudly as if she had suffered a great grievance.

"This is the eldest daughter of the Manobal Family? She was too ill-bred. Even if she grew up in the countryside, her surname was still Manobal. Why was there such a big difference between her and her sister?" Someone among the guests asked.

All the other guests began to discuss Lalisa, their words filled with disdain.

"She pushed someone into the pool without saying a word. She's a bad person."

"She could poison her brother when she was young. She won't be any better when she grows up."

"How come Mr. Sehun has such a vicious fiancée?"

"How can such a person become the granddaughter-in-law of the Oh family? Chairman Oh won't like her."

Their voices were loud, and Lalisa could hear them.

Yeri thought that she had achieved her goal and quickly put on a guilty look. She bowed to all the guests and said, "Sorry. I didn't ask Brother Sehun to send my sister an invitation. I thought she would need to rest because she had just returned today, so I did not inform her about the party. If I had known that she wanted to come, I would have asked for an invitation for her. It was my fault."

Yeri apologized as she bowed to the guests. She looked like a good sister who was worried about her older sister. This made everyone hate Lalisa even more, including Sehun, who comforted Ning Yizhuo.