Chapter 48: Invitation Letter

Upon noticing Lalisa's playful demeanor, Bambam decided to change the subject and asked, "You're dressed quite elegantly today. Where are you headed?"

Lalisa put the Buddhist beads on her wrist and replied, "I'm going to a banquet."

Bambam pondered for a moment. "I haven't heard of any recent banquets in A City. Is it the Jeon Family's event?"

Lalisa nodded. "The one who invited me is indeed surnamed Jeon."

Bambam refrained from asking how she knew the Jeon Family. Instead, he complimented, "You're something."

In that instant, Lalisa's longstanding prejudice against the Manobal Family seemed to waver as she realized that, despite her resentment toward them, they were her own family.

"Are you going alone?" Bambam approached with curiosity.

Lalisa observed his enthusiastic expression and questioned, "What are you up to?"

Bambam grinned and revealed his white teeth. "Those who received invitations can bring a plus one. So, you can bring me along."

Lalisa turned to face him, settled on the sofa, and inquired, "Why should I take you?"

Bambam's smile faltered, not expecting Lalisa's response, but he realized she had no obligation to include him.

After an internal struggle, Bambam proposed, "If you take me with you tonight, I'll be your little brother. I'll follow your lead in everything."

He even raised his hand to make a solemn pledge as he spoke. Lalisa was just teasing him. She chuckled and agreed, "Deal."

Shortly before heading out, Lalisa experienced a strange intuition and decided to return to her room, where she retrieved a concealed handgun and placed it inside her bag. This specialized firearm was designed to evade contemporary security measures.

Expecting Bambam to arrive by car, Lalisa was surprised when she spotted a motorcycle downstairs. She teased, "You're dressed in a full suit and riding a motorcycle?"

Bambam blushed with embarrassment and confessed, "I didn't expect this either. "

Lalisa handed him a helmet before putting on her own. He was taken aback when he witnessed her next move. "You want to be the one driving?

Lalisa retorted defiantly, "Why not?" She adjusted the black muslin around her waist as she spoke.

Although Bambam had initially considered commenting on her choice of attire for driving a motorcycle, he swallowed his words and put on his helmet, taking a seat at the back.

Lalisa arrived at the Jeon Family's mansion as fast as lightning. A multitude of luxury cars adorned the entrance, prompting Bambam to quip, "These aren't even as pricey as my motorcycle."

Uninterested in discussing the value of cars, Lalisa tossed him the motorcycle key and headed straight inside. Not wanting to be left behind, Bambam hurriedly followed her.

At the mansion's entrance, a butler meticulously examined the invitations one by one. Each guest proudly presented their invitations, considering it an act of great honor.

Lalisa was about to approach when she crossed paths with Yeri. Yeri had intended to wait at the entrance for Sehun before making her appearance, but to her surprise, she encountered Lalisa there.

Upon laying eyes on Lalisa, who looked even more resplendent than usual, Yeri couldn't contain her overwhelming jealousy. How can Lalisa still radiate such striking beauty after having spent several years in the countryside?