Chapter 64: A Party With a Purpose

Lalisa sensed Yeri's animosity directed at her and swiftly turned to confront her. She said firmly, "If you can't kill me now, I suggest you restrain your malicious glares. Otherwise, I can't guarantee that you won't regret it later."

Yeri was well aware of Lalisa's physical prowess. She forced a smile and immediately shifted her expression, fearing Lalisa might resort to violence.

With a disdainful expression, Lalisa turned and left, her contempt for Yeri's pretentiousness evident. She couldn't help but think that Yeri displayed a different persona to the world compared to her true self, and this duplicity left her with a strong sense of aversion.

Once Lalisa left, Yeri's fury consumed her. She vented her anger by hurling a pillow into the living room, an uncharacteristic outburst for someone who had always maintained her composure in front of the servants. Her rage had clouded her judgment.

However, her ire dissipated when a servant delivered an invitation letter from Jeon Hai. The letter invited her to attend a banquet, organized as part of Jeon Hai's matchmaking plan between Yeri and Mingyu.

Jeon Hai believed that socializing at the ball would naturally allow young people to become acquainted, and the festive atmosphere would help kindle romantic connections. He had invited numerous young individuals to make the event more appealing.

The thoughts of Mingyu's background and prospects rekindled hope within Yeri. She began to see the possibilities of her future with someone other than Sehun.

Mingyu, oblivious to these developments, was sound asleep when a servant abruptly roused him from his slumber. "Young Master, there's a banquet tonight. You need to start preparing."

Mingyu was perplexed. "What banquet? Why haven't I heard about it?"

The servant assisted him in getting dressed and responded, "Master has invited many guests to our home tonight, and you are the central figure of this event."

Mingyu couldn't fathom his father's motivations and questioned further, "Do you know who has been invited?"

"I don't recognize many people that Master invited, but he said that we should take good care of Second Miss Manobal," the servant replied.

Mingyu immediately understood Jeon Hai's intentions. It wasn't enough for his father to have him enrolled at Eke High School; he wanted to hold a banquet at home to arrange a match between him and Yeri. It seemed that Jeon Hai strongly believed in the rumors surrounding Jungkook and Lalisa. He was eager to get his son to marry Second Miss Manobal as soon as possible.

However, Mingyu scoffed at this idea. He didn't believe that marrying Yeri would change the situation. Even before these rumors emerged, Jeon Hai hadn't been able to gain the upper hand. Could it be that he hadn't recognized Jungkook's abilities?

Jungkook had been excelling since becoming the CEO, and many shareholders had thrown their support behind him.

Mingyu had never thought that his father could outmaneuver Jungkook. He had advised him several times to retire and stay out of the group's internal conflicts. But his father refused to do so.

He had even chosen to stay overseas and avoid getting involved in the company's disputes. However, it seemed that his father's determination to marry him off remained unwavering.

Mingyu allowed the servant to take measurements for his outfit. Then, he took advantage of their momentary distraction and swiftly left the room. Upon running out the door, he hailed a taxi to get to school.

Once at school, he located Lalisa's number in the teacher's handbook and called her. "Sister, help!"

Lalisa could discern that it was Mingyu's voice and retorted, "If you keep shouting, I'll hang up."