Chapter 49: Personally Inviting Her

The sarcasm in Lalisa's words cut deep, causing Sehun's face to flush with anger. It felt like Lalisa was pointing directly at him, labeling him as foolish.

"You're just as annoying as you were when we were kids, which is precisely why I wanted to break off the engagement with you," Sehun retorted heatedly.

Bambam, unable to resist chiming in, remarked, "I recall it was Lalisa who initially proposed ending the engagement with you. Are you sure you remember correctly?"

This comment left Sehun completely silenced. He could contemplate ending the engagement as many times as he wanted privately, but as long as it wasn't disclosed to others, it didn't count. However, Lalisa had indeed personally visited the Oh Family with the token to dissolve the engagement.

After seeing him not uttering a word, Bambam felt victorious and he smiled triumphantly at Lalisa and suggested, "Little sister, let's go in now."

Yeri couldn't bear it any longer after witnessing Sehun's discomfort. She grabbed Mrs. Oh, and proposed, "You've already verified my invitation. Let Mrs. Oh check in now?"

Mrs. Oh retrieved the invitation letter from her bag and presented it to the butler. After a glance, the butler affirmed, "Welcome Mrs. Oh and Young Master."

Sehun hurriedly followed his mother into the mansion, while Yeri turned her attention to Lalisa, urging her, "Sister, come inside quickly."

Her eyes gleamed with the satisfaction of a successful plot. She hoped to witness Lalisa's humiliation within these walls. She intentionally raised her voice, ensuring that everyone inside could hear her.

The guests inside were engaged in lively discussions. Namjoon, who had come with her family, furrowed her brow and asked, "What is Yeri up to now?"

Lalisa paid no attention to Yeri's antics and proceeded to enter the mansion. The butler, upon seeing the Buddhist beads on her wrist, immediately bowed and greeted her, "Greetings, Miss."

The guard at the door also bowed and called out loudly, "Greetings, Miss."

This turn of events caught Yeri completely off guard, leaving her perplexed. She couldn't fathom how Lalisa had managed to enter when it was apparent she didn't have an invitation.

The butler graciously extended his welcome and explained, "This young lady is an esteemed guest personally invited by our young master. She doesn't require an invitation to enter."

The butler's announcement spread through the gathering, piquing curiosity as everyone learned that a young lady had been invited by Jungkook. They directed their gazes toward the door.

Much to Yeri's disbelief, Lalisa proceeded to enter the mansion. Her entrance surprised onlookers; they hadn't anticipated the presence of such a stunning girl in A City. Even Namjoon, among the crowd, couldn't hide his astonishment. With her makeover, Lalisa bore an uncanny resemblance to her mother.

The outfit Lalisa wore could be tricky; it had the potential to appear out of place if not matched with the right demeanor. However, Lalisa carried herself with an air of confidence. As Bambam followed her inside, he couldn't help but feel like a doting little brother.

One young lady among the attendees remarked, "This gown must have been crafted by a master. It's certainly not an ordinary luxury brand."

In the eyes of these affluent people, clothing held a hierarchy, with luxury brands considered commonplace and easily attainable. However, having attire tailored by a master was a symbol of elevated status.

It was only at that moment that Yeri noticed the distinctive quality of Lalisa's gown. It seemed to be tailored to fit her perfectly, which suggested custom measurements.