Chapter 58: Tracking

After leaving the hospital, Lalisa didn't head straight home. Instead, she took a bus to the eastern part of A City, a quieter and less bustling area compared to the west.

Once on the bus, she noticed that someone was watching her, and their gaze hadn't wavered since she got on board. It was evident that they were familiar with her.

Lalisa raised her hand, using the reflection in her watch to discreetly glance behind her. She spotted a masked man sitting in the corner, his eyes fixed on her. It was clear that she was being targeted.

While she didn't know who had sent him after her, Lalisa didn't feel threatened by him. She had faced much more perilous situations during her time on the battlefield.

Midway through the bus ride, Lalisa decided to disembark. She couldn't risk leading him to her destination, potentially putting others in danger.

The person from the bus followed her, maintaining a significant distance. If it weren't for Lalisa's extraordinary awareness, she might not have realized she was being trailed.

Once off the bus, she began walking along the main road without a clear destination in mind. Her actions were intended to confuse the man. He couldn't discern her plans.

Lalisa had no intention of engaging in a confrontation with him. A City was different from other places, and she planned to lay low here for the time being. So, she did her best not to attract attention and simply aimed to shake off the man.

She avoided taking small paths, which would make her an easy target. Her goal was to blend into the bustling main road.

The man tailing her couldn't see her clearly and had to take a calculated risk to close the gap.

In an instant, Lalisa vanished into the crowd. The man scanned the area but couldn't locate her. It was as if she had suddenly disappeared from the world.

Lalisa was casually strolling along the streets, and when she noticed the presence of so many people around, she decided to change her attire. She purchased a short skirt from a street stall and quickly changed into it. To complete her new look, she also donned a hat of the same color, instantly transforming her appearance.

Her new outfit allowed her to blend in seamlessly with the crowd. It was the kind of look that wouldn't draw much attention, and the man seemed to ignore her entirely. She would not be discovered even if she walked away directly.

After successfully losing the man who had been tailing her, Lalisa continued on her way. As she turned a corner, she came across Eunwoo, who was holding a cup of coffee.

Eunwoo's expression changed when he saw Lalisa, and he addressed her as "Miss Manobal" in a tone of utmost respect as if encountering a rare and valuable treasure.

Lalisa knew that Jungkook must be nearby when she saw Eunwoo's reaction. She glanced in the direction Eunwoo was looking and spotted the familiar luxury car.

The car window rolled down to reveal Jungkook's handsome face. He greeted Lalisa with a friendly "Good afternoon, Lalisa."

Lalisa responded with a brief greeting and was about to continue on her way when Jungkook stopped her. "Lalisa, where are you heading? Let me give you a ride," he offered.

He then gave Eunwoo a look after saying that. Eunwoo quickly reached out his hand to direct Lalisa. "Please, Miss Manobal."

Lalisa had initially intended to decline the offer, but after a moment's thought, she realized that she was unlikely to be followed anymore. She nodded and said, "Well then, I appreciate it."

She entered the car and provided the driver with an address. Jungkook handed her the coffee, and although Eunwoo wanted to claim it was his, he decided to remain silent. The young master had already offered it, and contradicting him now would undermine his authority.