Chapter 22: Godmother

Lalisa ran out the door and anxiously hailed a taxi on the street. However, it was challenging to hail a cab in this place. Just as she was about to run over, a Porsche stopped before her.

The car window opened slowly, and the person inside was Jeon Jungkook.

"Get in the car." Jungkook said, "You can't get a taxi here."

She did not want to be involved with Jungkook anymore, but now was not the time to be stubborn. She opened the car door and got inside.

A head popped out from the back seat. Eunwoo smiled and said, "Hello, Miss Manobal."

Lalisa nodded and considered that she had met him. She knew it was only a matter of time before her identity was discovered. After all, the Jeon family's intelligence network was not just for show. However, she was still very unhappy to be called out in person.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook asked.

"South City Train Station." Lalisa replied.

Jungkook looked at Eunwoo. He immediately understood and changed the directions to the train station.

Lalisa did not say anything along the way. Jungkook was also very quiet. The two of them were silent. Eunwoo felt as if two young masters were sitting in front of him. They were like icebergs.

When they reached the place, Lalisa opened the door and exited the car before saying, "Thank you."

After getting out of the car, Lalisa felt something was wrong. Jungkook had been shot not long ago. He should be recuperating at home. Could it be that rich people recovered faster than others?

After Lalisa left, Eunwoo asked, "Young Master, do we still have to wait to send her back?"

"No need." Jungkook said, "If she had other choices, she would never take my car. Let's go to the hospital."

Lalisa rushed into the station to look around. Then she ran over joyfully and said, "Godmother."

Mo Li, sitting in a wheelchair with a cane in her hand, laughed when she heard her voice, "My goddaughter is here."

Lalisa hugged her excitedly. The staff left when they saw someone coming to pick her up.

"Godmother, weren't you at the sanatorium? Why did you suddenly come here?" Lalisa asked.

"I came to see you!" Mo Li said as she caressed Lalisa's cheek.

Lalisa's godmother was called Mo Li. She looked to be in her thirties, and she was a beautiful woman.

Because of her poor health, she went to the sanatorium three years ago. Lalisa wanted to go with her to take care of her, but Mo Li refused to let her go and asked her to stay in Yongping Village to look after the house.

Lalisa did not believe her godmother at all. She asked, "Godmother, tell me the truth. What are you here for?"

Mo Li could not walk, and she could not see. She should try not to go out as much as possible. It did not make sense that she would come here just to see her.

Seeing that she could not hide it from Lalisa, she smiled and said, "The sanatorium said that my eyes are getting worse and worse. They want me to go to the hospital in the city to have a check."

Hearing Mo Li's words, Lalisa pushed the wheelchair out and asked, "Why didn't you say it earlier? I'll take you to the hospital now."

Mingxin Hospital.

This was the most expensive private hospital in the A City. It had formed a partnership with the most famous medical center overseas. It had top-notch medical resources and technology and could provide customized treatment courses for patients. It could also contact famous doctors overseas for treatment.

At the same time, they also attached great importance to Chinese medicine and even invited the successor of the imperial doctor. The combination of Chinese and Western medicine was very effective in treatment.

However, the price was also very high. It was more than ten times the price of ordinary hospitals. Ordinary people did not have the money to treat their illnesses here. Over time, it became the exclusive hospital of the rich.

Lalisa knew this place and brought Mo Li to Mingxin Hospital. The doctor provided one-on-one service, and the examination was completed very quickly. The final result was that Mo Li needed to be hospitalized.

As for Mo Li's eyes, they had deteriorated due to improper care. She could receive good treatment at Mingxin Hospital.

Lalisa did not hesitate and arranged for the highest-level ward.

The ward there required a VIP of the hospital. Not only did one have to be rich, but one also had to have a background to stay there. These requirements were easy for her.

Lalisa insisted on staying in the best ward because there would be nurses to accompany her there. She could also enjoy the care of a private medical team. If something happened, the doctors would rush over as soon as possible.

The hospitalization procedure was done almost at the speed of light. Mo Li only reacted when she was lying on the hospital bed.

She touched the blanket and said, "This place isn't cheap, right?"

"Don't worry about money." Lalisa held her hand and said.

Even though Lalisa said so, Mo Li did not want to stay. She thought that her goddaughter was still a child. If she stayed here, Lalisa might have a hard time.

To comfort her godmother, Lalisa said, "The Manobal family felt guilty towards me and gave me a lot of money."