Chapter 46: The Neglected Yeri Manobal

"How can that be?" Seokjin disagreed. "If you had informed me in advance, I could have prepared a carefully crafted meal. Rushing into cooking is unworthy of your palate."

"I'm starving right now. You should hurry up and start cooking," Lalisa replied playfully.

Seokjin didn't want to keep her waiting and quickly responded, "Please wait here. I'll have two plates of pastries sent over immediately to curb your hunger."

Afterward, he turned and headed back to the kitchen. Only then did Bambam close his open mouth and comment, "Lalisa, I didn't expect you to know Kim Seokjin personally. I've never seen him with such a pleasant expression."

Kim Seokjin wasn't just the chef at Phoenix Restaurant; he was also the oldest son of the Kim Group. Although the connection between Kim and Manobal families wasn't particularly close, there were occasional business interactions between them. Therefore, Bambam had encountered Seokjin at company events in the past.

Bambam said exaggeratedly to Lalisa, "You have no idea how intimidating he looked with that cold expression. He didn't even crack a smile, as if someone owed him millions."

Lalisa wasn't surprised and explained, "He's not fond of such occasions, so he tends to act that way."

Upon learning of Seokjin's identity, Yeri eagerly approached and inquired, "Sister, you're incredible. You actually know the head chef here. How did you two meet?"

She maintained a polite smile to conceal her deep envy. Why did Lalisa have connections with someone of such high status? After all, she had spent years in the countryside and should have known only ordinary villagers.

Lalisa turned to her and replied, "No comment."

She felt no obligation to satisfy Yeri's curiosity. In her eyes, Jin was not just a friend, he was family, and his background had no bearing on their relationship.

Upon hearing Lalisa's response, Yeri lowered her head and silently shed tears. It was a familiar expression she had often used in her youth, one that had led everyone to believe Lalisa was bullying her.

However, today, she cried for several minutes without anyone paying her any mind. Namjoon was engrossed in handling company matters on his phone and occasionally received calls from his secretary, entirely unaware of Yeri's distress.

Bambam, on the other hand, was wrapped up in conversation with Lalisa, talking non-stop as if he had an endless supply of topics to discuss. He had no time to check on Yeri.

As a result, she found herself uncertain about whether to continue crying. It felt as though she was on her own, with neither of her two brothers showing any concern for her.

Lalisa did notice her but chose to feign ignorance. She would rather enjoy a few more pastries than pay attention to Yeri.

Seokjin finished cooking very swiftly, and the table was soon filled with an array of dishes. Bambam remarked with a sigh, "These are all signature dishes from Phoenix Restaurant. Usually, one table can only order a limited number of dishes. It's quite unusual to see such a spread today."

Seokjin entered the room with a warm smile. "It's been a while since you last dined here. I've prepared all your favorite dishes. Please enjoy."

Lalisa picked up a bite with her chopsticks and complimented, "Your culinary skills are as exceptional as ever. There's no one who can cook better than you."

Upon observing Seokjin's friendly demeanor, Yeri interjected, "Brother, I adore your signature dishes. I wonder if they're on the table?"

Yeri's voice carried a sweet tone, and she even addressed him as "brother," a tactic that had a magnetic effect on many people. It had certainly captivated some of the boys at her school.