9

Chester was going to the bakery again. He needed to get Mandy something to eat. At least, that is what the doctor said. He didn't care that he was going to be late for his next class. As he approached the bakery, he was a little frustrated and grumpy because he didn't know what to get for Mandy. Chester opened the door and went inside the bakery. The sound of bells was heard, and he looked at the woman with a bun at the counter.

- Oh? I'm surprised to see you again.

Chester didn't reply and thought about what to get for Mandy. He really thought about what she liked. A thought crossed his mind.

'What if the woman knew what Mandy liked?'

- Do you know a girl about my size she has faint green colored hair.

- You mean Mandy?

- Yes. What does she usually like?

- Well, she likes all sorts of things, but mainly, she likes pretzels.

- Give me four pretzels, please. Is there anything else she likes?

- She also bought a few chocolate croissants a few days back. Seems to me you're trying to surprise her. Are you in the same class?

- Yes.

- How many croissants would you want?

- Two.

- You're not very talkative today.

The woman took his request and gave Chester his order. Chester gave the woman her money.

- Well, before you go, just know that she likes candy. A lot of candy. Preferably sour candy.

The woman whispered to Chester in a sneaky sort of way.

'Sour candy.'

'Sounds just like her.'

Chester walked out of the front door with his order and sprinted through the crowd. In a minute or so, he was at the front gates of the school. Chester took off to the doctor's office where Mandy was and gave her her breakfast. The doctor spoke to Chester.

- I will dismiss you from the second lesson on the account that you assisted a sick student.

- Yeah. Thanks.

The doctor looked carefully at Chester. His eyes were still bloodshot red and he had a sort of look to him that said that he was doing drugs. He was a bit puzzled from what to make of the situation. The doctor asked him.

- Do you mind if I take a quick blood sample from you? I need to check something.

- No thanks. Im afraid of needless.

Chester joked a bit before he looked at him seriously. The doctor looked at him suspiciously. He definitely knew about it. He didn't do any drugs today, but the drugs were still on him. It would take at least three days for them to disappear. The doctor spoke again

- You look just as sick as her. Are you sure you don't want a blood test or at least for me to check your fever.

- Sure. Check my fever.

The doctor got out a thermometer.

- Here. You put that inside the mouth.

Chester knew what the doctor wanted.

- Nah. I prefer not to get any saliva from others inside my mouth.

The doctor looked at him. He was almost challenged by Chester.

- Don't worry. I buy a thermometer every time a student uses one, so please.

The doctor gave him a certain type of look, while Mandy just looked at their interaction. Chester still used the thermometer under his armpit. He waited a couple of seconds, and it came back