28

Chester walked inside the rain with the cop behind him. He entered the police station.
Chester walked inside Officer Shelly's cabinet, where he sat down on one of the chairs. He looked around the room again, and it was empty. After a few minutes of Chester looking around the room, he saw Officer Shelly with Officer Colt. She was carrying some folders and documents. Officer Colt opened the door for her, and she walked inside the cabinet. Officer Shelly put down the documents on one of the tables near Chester and walked up to him. Chester looked up at her.

- Go.

Chester slowly got up and followed the Officer towards the questioning room. He entered it with the two cops behind him.
Chester sat down on one of the chairs. He looked towards the two cops who were talking to one another. Officer Colt left the room, and Chester remained with Officer Shelly. Chester was looking down at his hands.

- Why are you bruised up?

The cop asked him. Chester looked at his knuckles. He looked up at her.

- I got into a fight.

Chester remained silent after that.

- What about the girl? Was she involved, too?

Officer Shelly crossed over her arms.

- Yes.

The Officer remained silent.

- What did you do?

- I fought off a group.

Officer Shelly was getting agitated from him telling bits and pieces of the story.

- I'm not going to fish out the rest of the story. Tell me what happened!

Officer Shelly slammed down her hands on the table, and Chester looked at her.

- I got into a fight involving her, and she lost her memory from getting hit by one of them! That's what happened.

Chester felt anger and regret.

- That's the whole story.

He said as he looked at the ground. The Officer looked at him. She started going around the table, inspecting Chester.

- I found out that you smoke.

The cop said. Officer Shelly walked outside the room, and after a couple of seconds, she returned with a couple of documents. She sat down.

- Let's see. You are a suspect in a drug meet-up. You are also suspected of drug contribution and drug abuse.

Chester's eyes fell on the pages while the Officer was looking at the list, reading it out loud to him. The Officer's expression changed. She smiled as she read through the next part.

- Unconsensual bitting is on the list, too.

Chester felt his blood boil. Out of everything he ever did, he was reminded of just how much of an asshole he was to Mandy. Chester looked down. She was hurt because of him. Because he was stupid again. Chester was in thought, but the cop broke him out of his thoughts.

- Why do you always look down.

Chester remained silent.
Officer Shelly snapped her fingers at him, and he slowly looked up.

- All of these records that I've just read to you are going to be released, and if we did that, I doubt that any school would want a drug addict like you.

Chester made his hands into fists and clenched them. He felt anger at himself, but he didn't speak.

- If you don't speak about what happened, I will have no other choice but to release these records out in public for your school to view.