10

Chester was sitting on one of the chairs.

- So... what's your name?

Chester was feeling as if he was being interrogated by the police.

- My name is Chester.

- So, Chester. Why are your eyes so red?

Chester thought for a while that if he was honest with Mandy's mother, she would keep her daughter away from a person like him. Honestly, that was for the better. If things were like they were before, it would definitely be for the better.

- Because I'm an addict.

Mandy's mother looked at Chester for any signs that he was joking.

He indeed wasn't joking.

- At least you're honest.

Mandy's mother looked at Chester. Chester had his hands rest on his legs while he rested on the chair.

- Look. Whatever you want to do with your life, do it, but don't mess with my daughter or her life.

Chester looked at her.

- That's what we both want. I want her to stay away from me.

It was for the better anyway. Her with a drug addict like him was a disaster.

- And don't think I didn't see the neck bite you gave her! You are sickening me. Stay away from my daughter, or else we will sign a restriction order against you.

There it was. It was like honey to his mouth. She would finally be away from him.

- Sign it. I don't want her to step a foot near me.

Mandy's mother spat back:

- Gladly.

They sat and looked at each other. Chester looked at her calmly. His expression didn't read anything other that he didn't give a thought about any of it. Her mother, on the other hand, was furious. Mandy's mother spoke out quickly.

- Did you...

Chester cut her off.

- No. Never. I wouldn't do that to your daughter.

- What about the neck bite?

- That was me. I did that out of...

out of my lust.

Her mother's face changed, and she looked more angry at him.

- You sick bastard!! Get out of my house and don't you dare touch my daughter!

Mandy's mother started to throw things at Chester. As he was backing away from her and trying to move out of the way of the incoming objects, he triped and fell down. Mandy's mother grabbed the cup of coffee, and she threw the cup at him. It shattered into his forehead. Chester sat still as he felt the hot coffee run down his face. At that moment, he didn't feel any pain. He just felt pure rage. He felt the thick blood trail down his forehead. Chester looked up at Mandy's mother. The woman was shocked and scared as she saw Chester's face change into that of pure fury.

He was going to...

Mandy's mother threw her hands up to protect herself. Instead of a fist colliding with her, she opened her eyes and found that the front door was open and Chester was nowhere to be found.

...................................................................................

Chester was walking back from Mandy's house. He was holding his wound. There would definitely be a bruise or a scar. Good thing that the coffee wasn't that hot. Chester felt his wound. It wasn't deep at all, but it was still bleeding a lot. What an idiot he was. Why did he give Mandy a hickey? He truly was a sick bastard. Chester walked along the road and continued to clutch his wound. He'd need to put a bandaid on it. Chester was walking to the pharmacy. He went through the sliding doors and went to the front.