13

Chester took the key to his father's shack. He went out of the house and unlocked the door to the shack, where he kept the drugs on the roof. He took off a part of the roof and grabbed the package.

'Weren't you doing this for Mandy?'

Chester thought for a while. He tried to do it for her, but he was too weak. He took the drugs to his room and made a few lines with a card. Chester rolled up a dollar and began to snort. It felt so good, so amazing, and so fulfilling. After a few minutes of him playing around. Chester was officially high. He giggled a bit as he walked down the corridor to the kitchen. He was barefoot and wore only a white tank top and sweatpants. It was 10 degrees outside, and he was out here with a fever. Chester made himself a sandwich and left the kitchen. He ate the sandwich and took off to his room, where he had the drugs. He didn't know what time it was. Chester felt light at that moment, but he knew it harmed him.

'Did it feel better than Mandy's embrace?'

No. No, it didn't. It didn't even come close to feeling good.

'Tomorrow won't come for you.'

It felt as if he was forced to do this. Forced to get high so he could feel something, anything. He was all alone. He made a few lines again. Whatever, he'd just snort it all until he was unconscious and dead from a drug overdose.

...................................................................................

Mandy woke up. She was feeling even worse today. Her body physically ached. She also felt so cold that she shivered even when she was under a blanket. She stayed in bed with a sore throat and a cold. Mandy felt so incredibly sick today. Every day was the same for her, but this time, she felt that something was off. It was as if something had happened. Mandy slowly got out of bed and left her room. She went downstairs and saw that her mother had skipped work for her today. Mandy took a glass of water and went towards the kitchen to drink some water. After she was done, she returned to the living room

- Mom. I feel very sick and I'm shivering.

Her mother heard her and quickly took out a few pills for her to take. Last night, they left things and decided to go to bed. She still wondered what her daughter thought about Chester.

- Here. Take these.

Mandy took the pills her mother gave her.

- Thanks.

- Look. About yesterday. Do you like him?

- Mom, please. I don't have the strength.

- I won't say anything, honey. Just explain it to me so I can see it better.

Mandy sat down on the armchair. And thought about what to say. Her mother looked at her carefully. She was ready to listen to her daughter.

- It started when he approached me one day. He was a very funny guy, and he made the class laugh every day. At first, I tried to just ignore him because the attention he gave me was a bit too much at the time. He always teased me and joked with me. Chester wasn't offensive with his words. They actually even made my day. But one day when we were in school it was a little different from the other times. I paid attention to him a little and saw that he wasn't a guy who liked to make everyone laugh. He actually hated everyone, and when I asked him if he hated me too, he said that he didn't. That's when I brought him to our house because of the rain that was pouring the other day. Today, when I was sick, he took me to the doctor's office and he even went to a bakery to get me something to eat. When we were dismissed I felt nauseous and I fell unconscious. I didn't notice that he gave me a small bite. I don't know why he did that.