Chapter 17

Chapter 17 - Surprise Dinner

Mature Content

Julie's Point of View

The days went on and on and today was thursday, the day of the surprise dinner Luke and I had prepared before our parents before they got married on saturday.

It was thursday afternoon, four o'clock to be exact and we had exactly two hours until the dinner started and I had no idea why but I was totally stressed out because everything seemed to get done so slow and nothing was really coming together and there was still a lot to do. I regretted not really paying attention to this dinner the entire week I was here and doing other things when I knew how important this was because we wanted to make our parents happy.

On tuesday I had been with my mother the entire day because we were driving from store to store to get a few little things my mother needed for the wedding. By the end of the day we finally had everything we needed for the wedding and my mother was so relieved because everything went as she planned it to go and that made her beyond happy. Now we just had to wait for the day to come and my mother was nervous but also very excited to get married again and I was definitely sharing that excitement with her.

On wednesday I took Lynn and Cat shopping in the city and Cat wanted me to show her around L.A so I did it since it was her first time here. I was having so much fun with the girls and the entire day I had my phone on silent and kept it deep inside of my bag so I didn't notice anyone calling me and I had more than fifteen missed called from Luke. Believe me when I say that it wasn't pretty when I called him back because he was so mad at me because I had to get some things for the dinner and I totally forgot so I woke up early the next morning to run errands and here I was now, standing in the backyard and trying to put everything together.

I had called Stella to help me and even Leah volunteered to come and they were currently outside with me, trying to make the garden look beautiful for the evening. I was giving them instructions on where to put certain things but we seemed to do the work so slow and even though they had been here for an hour and half there was not that much done.

In the middle of our patio was a large table with exactly eighteen seats. We wanted to keep the dinner really small so the only ones who were coming were Luke, Lily, our parents and me, Leona's family, Justin's family, Christian's best man and his wife and Lynn and Cat obviously because they were my guests. The wooden chairs were decorated with cute, small flowers and white candles were on the table. Stella was just bringing the plates and the cutlery and I helped her putting the plates neatly on the table. When we were done I took my little notepad that I carried with me and made a check mark next to the point table decoration.

The next thing on my list was the food. We had planned on calling a catering service because then we had a lot of choices of food and we had a little of everything for everyone. The thing was that the service had not arrived yet and they were supposed to be here thirty minutes ago. Luke was actually the one who was responsible for that but he didn't say anything because of it and I also had not seen him for a quite while so I went looking for him.

"Has anyone of you guys seen Luke?" I asked everyone who was outside with me.

"Yeah," Lynn answered me. "He left the house like fifteen minutes ago," she informed me.

"What?!" I said, my eyes widening. "Oh God, this boy wants to die," I mumbled to myself and walked inside the house so I could take my phone that was lying on the table in the kitchen. I unlocked my phone and and searched for his number and as soon as I found it I pressed on the number and called him. I was listening to the beeping tone while I was tapping my foot on the ground impatiently, waiting for him to answer. Finally the beeping stopped and I heard Luke greeting me through the speakers. "Where the hell are you?" I asked right immediately.