Where's Maya?

Riley's POV
I have been home running around the house like a maniac. I couldn't get the dress zipped up so I had to run into the living room for my mom. Of course I fell. I got up.

"Sweety, slow your roll. I can't believe you didn't rip the dress" Mom said

"Mom I need you to zip my dress up. I can't get it"

"I got it, but seriously, please, for your sakes calm down" My mom zipped up my dress. I went running. And... I fell again.

"Mommy, why is Riley freaking out?" Auggie questioned

"She has a dance, she wants everything perfect" She replied. I stand up and I check the dress still no rips. Thank god. I walk this time to my room. I go into my bathroom and start curling my hair. My mom comes in.

"Need any help sweety?" Mom asked

"Could you help me pick out a necklace. I don't know which one to pick" I continue to curl my hair while my mom goes and looks in my jewelry box. She comes back with one that I don't even like.

"A different one" She nods and heads back into my room. After six different necklaces. She comes back with the perfect one. A gold slider and the clear, crystal heart that Maya gave me for my birthday.

"Perfect, I'll wear that one" I finish curling my hair. I let my mom put on my necklace.

"Riley, you look beautiful. You make me and your father proud. I am apologizing again for not accepting you before. But now, I know that you love Maya. You truly do, and I want you to be happy" She addressed

"Thanks mom, I know it was a lot to take in. I knew you would come around. I trust you a lot. You're my favorite person to talk to about my problems"

"Thanks sweety. I love you so much. Nothing will change that" She cooed. We went into my room and I put on the red heels that I got with the dress.
"Now come on I have to get pictures of you and your dad" My mom took millions of pictures. She even had Auggie dressed up so he could be in some pictures. I was smiling so much I thought my face was going to fall off.

"We are gonna get going see you later" Dad said, and gave my mom a kiss.

"Riley you have fun" My mom yelled as my dad and I walked out the door. We got in the car and went to school. This feeling inside of me is indescribable. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Dad and I pulled up. We came 15 minutes early to set up the rest of the decorations. The time for the dance soon started. My peers were standing outside. Parents taking pictures. Everyone is so happy. I stood looking around for Maya. I know she will be here soon. I go back inside to help with the snacks and drinks.

Hey guys, so I am going to California with my dad. I will try and update as much as possible. So I hope you guys like this chapter.
~Jarzarmax~