Lets Dance

Maya's POV

We have been dancing for awhile. I am having a blast and I can tell Riley is too. I have to tell her tonight, how I feel. I am preparing myself to be rejected, and not having a best friend anymore.

"Hey Riles, I'll be right back, I have to do something real quick" She nods. I go up to the front were the DJ is.

"DJ, would you take a request for a last dance?"

"Sure what's song?" He asks

" 'Statue' by Lil Eddie"

"Great song" I turn and go back to Riley. We dance more and everything is going great. We have thirty minutes left. Time is melting away fast. I am getting really anxious. Soon the DJ is on the mic.

"Alright, this song was requested. And it's our last song of the night. So make it very special" He says into the mic. Riley turns to me.

"You could request songs?" She asked

"Well I did"

"Really?" She questioned. Here goes.

"Riley can I have this dance?"

"Yes" She puts her arms around my neck, my hands firm on her waist. The song then starts. I feel sick to my stomach.

'Cause so many times I was certain you was gonna walk out of my life'

'Why you take such a hold of me, girl, when I'm still trying to get my act right'

'I don't see, what I have to offer'

'I should've been a season, guess you could see I had potential'

'Do you know you're my miracle?'

Riley has tears in her eyes. They ran down her face. I raised my hands to her face and wiped the tears with my thumbs. I put my hands back to her waist.

'I'm like a statue, stuck staring right at you'

'Got me frozen in my tracks'

'Statue, stuck staring right at you, so when I'm lost for words'

'Every time I disappoint you, It's just I can't believe, that you're so beautiful' (Stuck like a statue)

'Don't wanna lose you, no' (Stuck like a statue)

'I don't see what I have to offer'

'I should've been a season, guess you could see my potential'

'Do you know you're my miracle?'

'I'm like a statue, stuck staring right at you, got me frozen in my tracks'

'Statue, stuck staring right at you'

'It's just 'cause I can't believe'

'That you're so beautiful' (Stuck like a statue)

'Don't wanna lose you, no' (Stuck like a statue)

'And you're so beautiful' (Stuck like a statue)

'Don't wanna lose you, no' (Stuck like a statue)

'Every single day of my life I thank my lucky star'

'God really had to spend extra time, when he sculpted your heart'

'It's like you love me more than I love myself'

'It's just 'cause I can't believe'

'That you're so beautiful' (Girl, you are the reason,)

'Stuck like a statue' (The reason for living,)

'Don't wanna lose you, no' (The reason for breathing)

'Stuck like a statue' (You're so beautiful)

'And you're so beautiful' (And I want you to feel it)

'Stuck like a statue' ('Cause so bad I'm needing)

'Don't wanna lose you, no' (You're the reason for breathing)

'Stuck like a statue' (You're so beautiful)

Riley is really shocked. We were still in the dancing position. I know that she knows that I like her. We're looking in each others eyes.

"Maya" Riley says. I know what's next.

"Riley I know I get that you don't like me, and that's fine" I assured her. She looks at me if I had grown another head. She stepped closer, our faces inches from each others. I lick my lips, so does Riley. Her eyes flick shut and she is leaning in. I close my eyes and lean in the rest of the way.

I took some lyrics out of the song. All rights go to singer Lil Eddie and the writers and anything else that made this song. I like this song a lot. To me I think it was a good song for this chapter/ story. Um you should listen to it after you read the story. You might like it, or nah. Hope you liked this chapter.

~Jarzarmax~