❥ 𝒾 𝓅𝓇ℴ𝓂𝒾𝓈ℯ

𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑹𝑬𝑶𝑻𝒀𝑷𝑬
(ง'̀-'́)ง

After the incident of yesterday night, Matt and Violet headed back to the beach after Matt had calmed down again.

Matt told Violet he'd explain what was going on when they were home, since it was already 2am and everyone wanted to go home.

Matt drove everyone home, and then the triplets and Violet went to their house.

Nick had already went to bed, and so did Chris, leaving Matt and Violet alone on the couch.

Violet had gotten the guest room as her permanent own bedroom now, after Mary Lou kept pressing and saying she could move in, she just accepted the suggestion gratefully.

"I-" Matt sighs, "I'm not okay, you're right about that." He starts. It's been quiet for a couple minutes and this is how he starts explaining? Great.

"Let's go to my room." Matt mumbles after he caught Chris peeking around the corner.

Violet rolls her eyes, "Chris leave us alone!"

"Sorry, sorry." Chris says before speeding up the stairs. Violet gets up from the couch and pulls Matt up before they head to his room.

The two of them enter Matt's room and get seated on Matt's bed.

Uncontrollably, Matt immediately starts tearing up.

It's different with Violet.

He's not afraid to cry around her, he's not afraid to lie around her, which is why he's gonna tell her the truth.

The. Truth.

The feared truth. The truth that makes Matt terrified. The goddamn truth that nobody knows. Not even Chris and Nick.

"I- y'know I have anxiety, right?" Matt asks. "Yeah. It sounds pretty serious too." Violet replies and Matt nods a little.

"Rachel. She always commentates that I'm childish for having it and for crying all the time. I only cried around her once." Matt's voice cracks.

"She never takes me serious. She just tells me to get over it and continue. But it's not that easy." Matt struggles.

"Her words kinda made me...hate myself for being a fucking weirdo." Matt confesses.

"What?" Violet asks, her voice slightly raised. "You're not a fucking weirdo, Matt. You're everything but. You're a normal teenager." Violet speaks.

"That's the thing...I'm not." Matt sighs, "the world sometimes just...doesn't seem real to me. I'd often think I'm not real, and my surroundings are distorted." Matt confesses.

"And I- I-." Matt struggles, tears filling his eyes and quickly dropping. "What is it, Matt?" Violet asks softly, moving closer to him and holding his shoulders comfortingly.

"I'm diagnosed with depression and severe anxiety. It would be less bad if...if Rachel had never made such comments on me." Matt confesses reluctantly.

"She also said that i belong in- in the-" Matt chokes back a sob, "in a mental hospital." He cries.

"I know I'm not the right person to say this, but, I don't think Rachel is the perfect fit for you, Matt." Violet sighs.