Bonus Chapter pt. 8

—First Person POV

—First Person POV.—

A knock sounds off from the door, tugging out attention away from one another as a little head peeked inside.

Her bluish off-white hair falls slightly over her feature—slightly obscuring a pair of round eyes that bore a rich crimson.

They're gleaming with wonder as she sneaks a long glance at the ghost sitting beside me, and I'm partially aware that his scarred hands are still gently holding onto mine.

A smile falls across my expression "Hey, Eri." I call out, and she takes that as a cue to step inside—leaving the door ajar with her approach.

"Mrs. (Y/n).." Her sweet voice finally spoke up and I take a second to look over her chosen outfit for the day—a white dress shirt with a frilled collar paired with a plain red pinafore and adorned with two large, golden buttons.

It also looks like she's wearing gray tights and tan boots—a small dark red messenger bag rests over her shoulder as she nervously holds onto the strap.

Adorable as ever.

After busting that cult— Shie Hassaikai, I think? I don't know, it was about three years ago, but the old man decided to take her in.

He claimed he was going to find a new home for her, but opted to actually adopting the cursed girl after just three months—which worked out well, because I think any normal person would be a little concerned by the small brown horn poking out from the right side of her forehead.

Every time I've seen her, her hair appears straighter and neater—plus, I later found out that she's always dressed cutely thanks to Yamada's shopping splurges.

And that smile presented every time I've visited is a heartwarming sight.

"Mr. 'Zawa said he wanted to talk to you." The little Angel before me murmurs, slightly fiddling with the strap a bit more and letting her attention continue to flicker between Izuku and I.

I can't help the sigh that escapes my lips as I nod in understanding, pushing myself up from the bedside and reaching out a hand for her.

"Come on, I won't keep him waiting then—" I nod as she sends one last tentative glance behind me when the bed creaks beneath another weight getting up to follow suit.

Her small hand slips into mine and I lean down slightly when she pulls me forward, leading us out into the hall along the upper story.

There's voices that filter into my ears as we near the staircase—and Eri seems to have stopped giving weary looks at the ghost noiselessly walking behind us.

She's talked about wanting to follow in Aizawa's footsteps, to become a hunter much like us—and with that in mind, you could probably guess why it was a little hard to explain how we were buddy-buddy with one.